Remote 24hr Crisis Helpline Therapist
The Pieta 24hr Crisis Helpline is a confidential and professional service providing telephone/SMS crisis support, advice, and referral for those bereaved through suicide, engaging in self-harm, experiencing suicide ideation and concerned friends or family members.
Pieta is presently recruiting Remote Helpline Counsellors/Psychotherapists to join our existing team. Our Remote 24hr Crisis Helpline Therapist’s work 24 hours a week on a rolling roster to ensure our service is available 24 hours a day throughout the year.
Hours: 24hrs per week on average (13 X 8hr shifts per month)
Location: Remote, with 1-2 shifts completed in Dublin office weekly
Salary: €19.03 basic rate per hour/€25.00 Sunday rate per hour
The ideal candidates will:
- Have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Be a Fully Accredited or Pre-Accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, FTAI, NAPCP, ICP, BACP or equivalent. Where pre-accredited, a minimum of 250 hours towards Full Accreditation must be completed (post qualification).
- Be flexible and available to work shifts across the 24-hour day, including night shifts & weekends and on a rotating basis.
- Have previous helpline experience, either in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Have completed training and be experienced in working with those at risk of or affected by suicide.
- Demonstrate evidence of their personal therapy work.
- Demonstrate excellent listening, communication, decision-making and assessment skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Work as part of a Clinical Team.
- Be proficient in MS Office and Outlook.
- Have experience using Salesforce or similar CRM system
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships and support callers using the stated policies and procedures of the Helpline.
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta
- Receive ongoing external clinical supervision and attend group supervision internally in Pieta once per calendar month.
- Maintain valid and up to date personal indemnity insurance.
- Actively participate in Pieta internal meetings as appropriate e.g. staff/clinical meetings.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, FTAI, NAPCP, BACP, ICP or equivalent.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form.
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 25th June 2021.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER