Demand for FirstLight’s services so far in 2023has been the highest since the organisation was established 47 years ago.
For this reason, we are looking to expand the number of counsellors and psychotherapists on the FirstLight Registerof Therapists across the following areas:
North Dublin: Coolock, Santry, Swords, Raheny, Glasnevin and Finglas.
Southwest Dublin: Tallaght, Ballyfermot, Walkinstown, Crumlin and Clondalkin
South Dublin: Leopardstown, Sandyford, Cabinteely, Dun Laoghaire, Loughlinstown and Cherrywood.
Leinster: Southwest Laois, Kilkenny, East Offaly, North Meath, South Meath, Louth (Drogheda and Dundalk) and Wicklow.
Munster: Limerick City, South Limerick, Southwest Limerick, West Cork, West Waterford, North Kerry, West Clare, South Tipperary and North Tipperary.
Connacht: West Galway, Roscommon, West Sligo, West Mayo and North Leitrim.
Ulster: Cavan and South Donegal.
We are looking for counsellors and psychotherapists working face-to-face with adults, couples and/or children (play therapy and art therapy). All therapists should have access to a suitable premises where they can see clients. Please only apply if your practice is based in, or is very close to one of the areas listed above.
All psychotherapists on our register must be professionally accredited and fully insured, and will be subject to Garda Vetting. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before applying.
Clients are allocated to counsellors based on client/counsellor fit, and proximity, as we try ensure accessing psychotherapy is as convenient for our clients as possible. Therapists are paid a sessional rate by FirstLight to deliver 8 sessions of therapy to clients.
Working with our clients can be incredibly rewarding. If you would like to join the FirstLight Counsellors Register and help us to expand our service to provide support to more families, please email your CV to Lorna at email@example.com including your practice location(s) in Ireland.
FirstLight is a registered charity that offers free professional support and provides information to families in Ireland that have experienced the sudden, unexpected death of their child if aged from 0 to 18 years.
FirstLight is a trauma-informed organisation offering a National 24-hour Helpline service, Crisis Intervention and a Psychotherapy service. Our services are provided nationwide by our team of professionally accredited, fully insured, and Garda vetted psychotherapists and counsellors. Our team members are professionally trained to provide support to clients experiencing trauma associated with the sudden death of their child. All of our services to families are free of charge and confidential.
The DMC Clinic provides counselling and psychotherapy to children, teenagers, adults, and couples in Wexford. We are a busy, vibrant team of therapists and we pride ourselves in our work but also in our supportive team environment.
Position: Fully Qualified and Fully Accredited Counsellor/PsychotherapistLocation: The DMC Clinic, 48 Innovation House, The Bullring, Wexford Town, Co. WexfordContract: Subcontractor (Self-employed) Part-time.Salary: €50 per client
No. Day Available: 2/3 daysHours available (must work until closing):Monday 12.30pm-6.30pm (5 clients)Wednesday 10am-6.30pm (6 clients)Thursday 10am-6.30pm (6 clients)Friday 10am-6.30pm (6 clients)Friday 1.30pm-6.30pm (4 clients)Client Range:Desirable -Children (6 years +), Couples and FamiliesEssential - Children (16 years +), Teenagers and Adults
Please email your cv and cover letter, outlining you meet the essential criteria and room availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Counselling & Psychotherapy Clinical Group Supervisor
Location: Castle House/Aungier Street
Time of Work: Time of Work: Part time delivery (Delivery takes place on Saturdays and may require some mid-week delivery in the evening 6.15-7.45pm and/or 8.00-9.30pm
Reports To: Faculty Manager for Human & Social Sciences Disciplines
The primary function of this role is to provide Clinical Group Supervision across the suite of Counselling & Psychotherapy degree programmes in DBS. These are in house supervision roles. Supervisors will provide supervision to small groups of Counsellors and Psychotherapists during their initial education in line with institute policy and learning outcomes.
● Provide Clinical Group Supervision to small groups of students (4 max) during their initial training in Counselling and Psychotherapy across BA and MA degrees
● Provide supervision from a humanistic and integrative modality
● Support students to develop therapy skills in humanistic and integrative theories
● Develop students’ reﬂective practice abilities and abilities to assess, conceptualise client distress, and provide therapy consistent with the integrative and humanistic perspective
● Assess students’ readiness for clinical practice based on supervision and provide feedback to both student and college through reporting mechanisms in place
● Attend ad hoc meetings with students and faculty when needed.
● Must be qualiﬁed with accredited Counselling & Psychotherapy training with IACP accreditation or accredited Core Training in Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy with a minimum of 3/4 years training with IAHIP accreditation
● Must currently have and maintain active accreditation with relevant body IACP/IAHIP and supervision body IACP/IAHIP
● Be an accredited supervisor
● Must have board based experience working as therapists from a humanistic and integrative modality
● Must have at least 3 years experience of providing supervision from a humanistic and integrative modality with groups
● Have excellent communication skills with a passion for helping students reach their potential.
● Have completed Supervision Training with a reputable training provider
● Have completed their core training from a Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy
● Actively involved in research related to Counselling & Psychotherapy, or actively involved with an accreditation body/member of sub-committees
● Knowledge of contemporary issues in supervision/clinical group supervision and student development.
For those interested in applying for this position please contact:
International College for Personal and Professional Development
Job Description – College Registrar
14 hours per week
The Registrar has responsibility for ICPPD Quality Assurance Processes and for academic affairs within ICPPD, including responsibility for academic administration, academic regulations, academic quality and standards, academic records and liaison with accrediting bodies, which includes responsibility for coordinating academic relationships, validation events, programmatic reviews, College reviews and reporting arrangements.
Minimum 3rd Level Qualification – Level 8 or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience
Experience and employment background in academic administration within the higher education sector
An understanding of academic regulation environment.
Familiarity with programme validation and accreditation processes.
Experience in the design and implementation of quality assurance and enhancement processes and procedures in a Higher Education context
Experience of working with a broad range of stakeholders, at various levels within and external to an organisation, and the ability to foster and maintain relationships
Skills & Abilities
Effective and proven communication and interpersonal skills (written and oral).
Good IT skills – Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and a willingness to embrace technology
A working knowledge of Learner Management Systems and other IT and data management systems.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Attitudes and Values
Flexibility and availability
Commitment to developing diversity and equality
Ability to foster good relationships with all staff and learners on an equal
To work in accordance with ICPPD’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Codes of
Ethics and Professional Practice, Complaints Procedures and Health and Safety Policy.
A commitment to the development of the ICPPD in the light of its ethos,
mission and values.
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and is not intended to be either restrictive or definitive and may be subject to periodic review.
International College for Personal and Professional Development (ICPPD)
is recruiting Tutors for delivery of the BA (Hons) In Holistic Counselling and Psychotherapy programme for 2023/2024.
Please send your CV to email@example.com Tel: 090 647 0484 www.icppd.com
The Irish Association of Humanistic
& Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP) CLG.
Cumann na hÉireann um Shíciteiripe Dhaonnachaíoch agus Chomhtháiteach
9.00am - 5.30pm Mon - Fri+353 (0) 1 284 1665