Role: Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists – Nationwide
We currently have a number a roles available across our centre’s nationally including:
- Dublin North: 15,20, 25 hour contacts
- Lucan: 15, 20, 25 hour contracts
- Galway: 15,20, 25 hour contracts
- Tralee: 20-hour contract
- Tuam: 25 hour contract
- 25 hours per week over 5 days (including x1 evening) €39,000 per annum
- 20 hours per week over 4 days (including x1 evening) €31,200 per annum
- 15 hours per week over 3 days (including x1 evening) €23,400 per annum
Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Lead Therapist the role of the Therapist is to provide professional and compassionate therapeutic support to individuals who are in suicidal or self-harm crisis, and those bereaved by suicide.
· Conduct face to face risk & suitability assessments and implement risk management plans as appropriate
· Provide evidence informed, brief, strengths based & goal focused interventions
· Work in accordance with Pieta’s Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
· Liaise and consult with other professionals in supporting the client as required
· Maintain accurate, confidential records of practice using Salesforce
· Attend external clinical supervision twice per month (paid by Pieta) and attend group supervision internally in Pieta once per month
· Contribute to research, audit and evaluation of the service as required
· Maintain professional and personal boundaries
· Participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary
· Share information with the Lead Therapist, Regional Manager, Pieta team and other services as appropriate in accordance with good practice
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
- A recognized qualification at minimum Level 7 or higher qualification on the NQAI framework in Counselling or a Level 9 in Counselling Psychology.
- Be a fully accredited Psychotherapist / Counselling Psychologist with IAHIP, IACP, BACP, FTAI, IAPTP, APPI, APCP, NAPCP, PSI or ICP.
- Experience of working with crisis intervention and suicide bereavement
- Knowledge of Brief Solution Focused Interventions, CBT etc.
- Ability to reflect on practice in order to facilitate personal learning, professional development and service improvement
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and capacity to prioritize competing demands
- Ability to foster good working relationships with external agencies and organisations
- Ability to fulfil obligations as per the Children First Act 2015
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter outlining your location, contract preference and particular suitability to the role with an updated Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th October 2021.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER