LEARN HOW TO WORK WITH THE ADULT CHILD AFFECTED
(14 CPD Points)
This is a therapeutic model for working with co-dependent adults who come from an emotionally abusive and neglectful family of origin. It provides therapists with the tools they need to teach the new life skills required for recovery. With these tools, significant and timely progress is very possible.
This empowering model is goal focused and encourages the therapist to take an interactive role in their client’s therapy. It outlines the actual skill set which therapists can use to help the client move forward.
- How narcissism operates & how it can affect the therapist, or the client
- Trauma and it’s role in the recovery process of the therapist or the client
- The difference between healthy & narcissistic people and healthy & narcissistic family systems
- The similarities between adult children of narcissistic (ACNF) and alcoholic (ACOA) families
- The addictive nature of co-dependency and its impact on recovery from all other addictions
- The five stages of recovery from co-dependency & the critical role of the therapist
- The next generation – how to support a client with children living in a narcissistic environment.
Margaret Parkes (Dip. Psych., BA, MSc.) is an experienced trainer, facilitator, psychotherapist, supervisor and systemic practitioner who operates in both therapeutic and business settings. She has experienced significant success working with this narcissistic, co-dependency and addiction model.
Groups on the course will be small. Training will be interactive with participants being encouraged to draw upon their own personal or professional experiences.
Course Dates and Times:
Galway 4th & 5th March 2016 Ardilaun Hotel, Taylors Hill, Galway
Cork: 1st & 2nd April 2016 Vienna Woods Hotel, Glanmire, Cork
Limerick: 8th & 9th April 2016 Castletroy ParkHotel, Limerick
Galway: 15th & 16th April 2016 Ardilaun Hotel, Taylors Hill, Galway
Dublin: 13th & 14th May 2016 Citywest Hotel and Conference Centre, Dublin.
Time: 9.30 am – 4.30 pm each day
Course Fee: €195 for two days Early bird booking for two days: €180
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website parkescounsellingandtraining.