IAHIP is the professional body in Ireland for humanistic and integrative psychotherapy.
Humanistic and integrative psychotherapy has its roots in humanistic philosophy, which emphasises human dignity and the human capacity for fulfilment. It aims to work with a full range of influences to encourage the development of the individual and her/his relationship to others and to society.
Our role is:
- to set and maintain standards in humanistic and integrative psychotherapy
- to accredit qualified practitioners
- to accredit qualified supervisors
- to recognise training courses
- to provide training and supervision of trainees and continuous professional development
- to represent our members nationally and internationally
- to foster research.