The aim of this programme is to facilitate counsellors and therapists in furthering their knowledge and experience of counselling children and adolescents. This programme will focus on an integrated model for counselling minors and will include a placement component.
There will be ten full teaching days and 20 hours of peer group discussion. There is also a requirement for 50 hours of supervised clinical work to achieve the award. The programme will run over a series of Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year from April to July and will include workshops and lectures. Candidates have a full calendar year in which to complete the clinical requirements.
- The course is open to counsellors and psychotherapists, counselling psychologists and/or clinical psychologists, or those with a recognised clinical qualification in the helping profession.
- Applicants must have experience of working with clients therapeutically and under supervision.
- Learners will demonstrate an ability to engage in self-directed learning.
- Group Project
- Theory Essay
- Supervision Report & Self-Evaluation of Supervision
The programme will run from 9.00am to 5.00pm on the following dates during 2017:
- 09 April 2017
- 23 April 2017
- 07 May 2017
- 14 May 2017
- 21 May 2017
- 28 May 2017
- 11 June 2017
- 25 June 2017
- 16 July 2017
- 23 July 2017
Certificate in Child and Adolescent Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- 15% discount for IICP Diploma/BA Alumni.
- An additional €60 application fee will apply.
- Additional costs include clinical supervision, as well as books and play therapy material.
- Payment Plan options are available.
- The core ethos of IICP is to provide a student centred, warm and supportive learning environment.
- The programme is highly interactive, experiential and taught through lectures, small group work, video and role-play.
- Learners on this programme will be registered with a MyAthens password and username so that they have access to EBSCOs online psychological and behavioural science journal collection.
For more details please visit our website: www.iicp.ie/cpdcourses/childadolescent
IICP Office: 01 466 4205 / 087 905 5330
Dean of Academic Affairs & Registrar: Email: Triona@iicp.ie Phone: 086 0499154
Chairperson and Programme Director: Email: Marcella@iicp.ie Phone: 086 2609989