Expression of Interest
Recruitment of External Clinical Supervisors
Health Service Executive (HSE) West/Mid-West
(Mayo, Galway, Roscommon, Limerick, Clare, North Tipperary)
The Nursing and Midwifery Planning and Development Unit (NMPDU) HSE West/Mid-West (Mayo, Roscommon, Galway, Limerick, Clare, North Tipperary) is currently implementing peer group clinical supervision across all specialities within nursing and midwifery services across the region. The project is governed by two steering groups and a working group. A number of candidates across the region are undertaking the Clinical Supervision: Supporting Continuing Professional Development module (Level 9) in the National University of Ireland Galway. It is envisaged that the first clinical supervision peer groups will commence in June 2019. In order to support the new clinical supervisors, a number of experienced external clinical supervisors will be required for a period of up to 12 months.
We are now seeking expressions of interest from experienced external clinical supervisors to:
- Provide clinical supervision to a maximum of three peer groups for one hour per month per group for a period of up to 12 months. Each group will consist of 4 – 6 nurses or midwives
- Co-supervise the peer groups with the new internal clinical supervisor
- Provide mentorship, support, and feedback to the new internal clinical supervisors
- Embed the clinical supervision process in the peer groups as an external clinical supervisor.
Terms and Conditions for External Clinical Supervisors:
The external clinical supervisor:
- has the capacity and is in a position to commit to undertake the role of external clinical supervisor for peer group clinical supervision monthly within HSE West or Mid-West
- will work within the remit of the agreed service level agreement
- will support and participate in an evaluation process as required
- will outline all costs associated with providing this service, including travel and expenses for the provision of peer group clinical supervision as outlined above for a period of up to 12 months. Costings must be submitted with CV.
A guidance document is in development and will be available prior to commencing peer group clinical supervision. All external clinical supervisors will be required to familiarise themselves with this document prior to commencing this role.
Selection Criteria for External Clinical Supervisors:
The NMPDU HSE West/Mid-West has developed the following selection criteria on behalf of the Clinical Supervision Steering Groups.
The external clinical supervisor:
- has a psychotherapy/counselling professional background
- has a Nursing and/or Midwifery background (desirable)
- holds an academic qualification in Clinical Supervision
- can provide evidence of experience as a group clinical supervisor within the last three years
- has experience of performing a mentorship role and can provide evidence of this within the last three years
- is based within the identified geographical area
- is currently in receipt of clinical supervision.
If you are interested in providing this service, please forward a copy of your CV including costings outlining your suitability in accordance with the selection criteria above to:
No later than 17.00hrs on Monday 15th April 2019
Shortlisting will take place based on submitted CVs and selection criteria.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 30th April 2019. A panel will be formed following the interview process.
All enquiries should be directed to Annette Cuddy as above.