Role: Psychotherapists/Counselling Psychologists – Cork
Hours & Salary:
20 hours per week over 5 days (including x1 evening) / 26k
16 hours per week over 4 days (including x1 evening) / 20k
12 hours per week over 3 days (including x1 evening) / 15k
To ensure we continue to provide effective services our Therapists are required to assess clients face to face, we facilitate physical/social distancing and public health requirements at all times. If you are in a high-risk category where possible the organisation can support flexible working arrangements appropriate to business needs.
Role and Responsibilities:
Pieta provide a range of counselling services for people who are suicidal, engage in self-harm or who are bereaved by suicide. Pieta operate over 10 centres, 5 outreach services, a national 24-hour helpline (1800 247 247) and a dedicated Research, Education and Training office.
Reporting directly to the Centre Manager the role of the Therapist is to provide professional and compassionate therapeutic support to individuals who are in suicidal or self-harm crisis, and those bereaved by suicide.
This role will include, but not be limited to the following:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the therapeutic needs of individuals referred to the centre and build relationships using the Pieta House Models of Therapy
- Formulate therapy plans according to the needs identified within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta House
- Manage and oversee varied clinical caseloads and complex clinical presentations
- Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
- Recognise and manage the limits of confidentiality in the work and to appropriately address any matters which arise
- Ensure that clinical records are properly and accurately maintained as required and that statistical information is available when requested.
- Ensure records of work activity are accurately kept and inputted on service electronic data-base system in a timely fashion
- Attend meetings and case conferences as required.
- Deliver training and presentations as may be required and appropriate.
- As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, participate in team meetings, case discussions, service development initiatives and on-going professional development and training.
- Recommend needed supplies / equipment and in consultation with line manager, co-ordinate their requisition when required.
- Deliver a high-quality service in an efficient, effective and ethical manner.
- Advise on and adhere to an agreed policies
- Be accountable to the Centre Manager particularly through active participation in self-reflective clinical supervision and line management.
- Have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling & Psychotherapy or a Masters in Counselling Psychology
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, PSI, FTAI, NAPCP, ICP or equivalent
- Have attended training in working with adolescent clients and children
- Have experience in Play/Art Therapy
- Have experience in crisis intervention and bereavement counselling
- Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize
- Work as part of the Clinical Team
- Be proficient in MS Office and Outlook
- Have experience using Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Be responsible for one’s on-going professional development
- Ensure compliance with any necessary on-going psychotherapy registration requirements.
- Keep informed of developments in national policies, strategies and legislation and offer advice on any perceived impact on practice.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and dissemination of professional standards of practice through active participation in internal and external CPD training and development programmes.
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 8th December 2020.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER