Pieta provide a range of counselling services for people who are suicidal, engage in self-harm or who are bereaved by suicide. Pieta House also operate a national 24 hour helpline (1800 247 247) and a dedicated Research, Education and Training office. We are committed to delivering our services with care and professionalism and continue to strive to ensure that we provide the best service for our clients.
Due to an increased demand for services we are recruiting for the following;
Psychotherapists/Counselling Psychologists –
Two types of contract available:
12 hours (4 hours x 3 days per week, 6 months fixed term), salary €15,600 per annum
16 hours (4 hours x 4 days per week (one year fixed term) salary €20,800 per annum
Location: Pieta Sligo Outreach
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a fully accredited member of IAHIP, IACP, PSI, FTAI, or NAPCP.
· Have attended training in working with adolescent clients and children.
· Have experience in Play/Art Therapy.
· Have experience in crisis intervention and bereavement counselling.
· Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills.
· Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize.
· Work as part of the Clinical Team.
The successful candidate shall be required to:
· Build relationships with clients using the Pieta Models of Therapy.
· Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta.
· Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
· Receive ongoing supervision.
· Actively participate in Pieta House internal meetings e.g. staff meetings, clinical meetings as appropriate.
· Periodically liaise with other professionals and organisations as appropriate.
· Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
· Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IAHIP, IACP, PSI, FTAI or NAPCP.
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
Applications for all of the above posts should be made via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by
Monday, 2nd March 2020.
PIETA HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER