Laois Domestic Abuse Service is a registered charity which provides advocacy, support, information and counselling services to women experiencing domestic abuse in County Laois.
Laois Domestic Abuse Service is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Role: 2 Pre-accredited/Accredited Counsellors
Contract Type: Sessional/Independent Contractor (self-employed)
Rate of Pay: based on experience
Purpose of the post: to provide therapeutic support to women who are currently or have in the past experienced domestic abuse.
Applications for the above contracts should be made via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability for the position) with an updated Curriculum Vitae listing relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Those shortlisted will be asked to provide documentary evidence of:
- Satisfactory completion of accredited course, e.g. copy of Diploma/Degree.
- Adequate, current and ongoing, professional indemnity insurance.
- Appropriate supervision in place – name and contact details of supervisor.
- Membership of counselling/psychotherapy association e.g. IAHIP, IACP, etc.
Closing date for applications is: 5:00 pm Friday 18th October, 2019
The ideal candidates will:
- Meet with the above outlined criteria
- Demonstrate excellent listening, communication, decision-making and assessment skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse
- Work as part of the Laois Domestic Abuse Service Team.
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for these positions, regular case management is provided in-house, however, it is necessary that the successful candidates attend their own supervision.