Recruitment of External Pastoral Supervisors for Prison Chaplains in the Irish Prison Service
The Irish Prison Service is currently implementing pastoral supervision for Chaplains in the Irish Prison Service. The project is governed by a Protocol which includes ‘Contract for Services’ and ‘Data Processing Agreement’. Provision will be in place for 6 pastoral supervision sessions per year of one hour duration.
The Irish Prison Service is now seeking expressions of interest from experienced external pastoral supervisors to:
- Provide one-to-one pastoral supervision to Chaplain (s) for one hour duration, six times per calendar year.
- Agree to and abide by the Irish Prison Service “Protocol for Pastoral Supervision for Prison Chaplains in the Irish Prison Service”.
Terms and Conditions for External Pastoral Supervisors
The external clinical supervisor:
- has the capacity and is in a position to commit to undertake the role of external pastoral supervisor one-to-one for a Chaplain (s) for six sessions per calendar year of one hour session duration.
- will work within the remit of the Irish Prison Service “Protocol for Pastoral Supervision for Prison Chaplains in the Irish Prison Service”, including the agreed service level agreement.
- will support and participate in an evaluation process as required.
- will outline all costs associated with providing this service, including travel and expenses for the provision of pastoral supervision as outlined above for a period of up to 12 months. Costings must be submitted with CV.
The Irish Prison Service “Protocol for Pastoral Supervision for Prison Chaplains in the Irish Prison Service” will be available prior to commencing pastoral supervision. All external pastoral supervisors will be required to familiarise themselves with this document prior to commencing this role.
Selection Criteria for External Pastoral Supervisors
The Irish Prison Service has developed the following selection criteria:
The external pastoral supervisor:
- has a supervision/psychotherapy/counselling professional background.
- accredited member of supervision/psychotherapy/counselling professional body.
- holds a relevant academic qualification.
- can provide evidence of experience as a supervisor within the last three
- is currently in receipt of supervision.
If you are interested in providing this service, please forward a copy of your CV including costings outlining your suitability in accordance with the selection criteria above to:
No later than 16.00hrs on 12th March 2021.
Shortlisting will take place based on submitted CVs and selection criteria.
A panel will be formed following the selection process.
All enquiries should be directed to IPSHeadChaplain@irishprisons.ie