My name is Anne-Kirsten MacLachlan and as part of my Msc. Degree in Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling with Turning Point Institute/University College Cork, I am required to complete a research project. The tile of my research project is:
An exploration of Models Used for Clients Suffering Non-Bereavement Grief such as in cases of Ambiguous Loss.
The aim of my study is to understand how Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapists manage different types of non-bereavement grief, such as in ambiguous loss and to provide clarification on grief models used in practices, through the following goals:
- What type of loss/grief are mostly encountered in practice
- What informs therapist of the type of grief their clients express
- What methods are employed when working with clients presenting with non-bereavement related grief and why
- How well are different grief models known and applied
- What patterns in clients are noticed in responses to non-bereavement types of grief
I wish to recruit psychotherapists with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, with an interest in loss, but not necessarily with a specialisation in it. If you are interested in taking part in this study, you will be asked to complete an interview (approximately 1 hour long) at your place of work or mutually convenient location, in the coming weeks. If you wish to obtain further information about this study and its conduct, please contact me at the following email: email@example.com
Many thanks for your interest.