Clinical Excellence and Deliberate Practice. Are you looking to push your clinical effectiveness to the next level?
How and why are some therapist better than others? Learn what factors truly make a therapist superior and integrate this learning in your work. Learn from the evidence about 3 “stubborn facts” that emerging from research on counselling and psychotherapy
▪ Dropout rates average 47%.
▪ Mental health professionals frequently fail to identify failing cases.
• 1 out of 10 consumers (clients) accounts for 60-70% expenditure in mental health settings.
This eight-week interactive training draws on the core principles of learning about what works in psychotherapy as a framework to enhance your clinical skills in becoming a more effective therapist.
• Improve your ability to engage, retain and support your clients. Learn about the main errors that therapists make in the first session with a new client.
• Describe the relationship between therapists’ years of experience and their clients’ outcomes.
• Name and integrate at least five therapeutic skills that improve treatment outcome across all models of psychotherapy.
• Learn how to make the best use of clinical supervision and understand the common mistakes that are made in supervision.
• Develop relational skills by making incremental adjustments to engage clients to achieve better results.
• Enhance skills in empathy, deep listening and presence. Understand the relational mistakes therapists make when working with developmental trauma or anxious clients.
• Transform your understanding of noncompliance and resistance as process issues that can be explored through the therapeutic relationship.
• Integrate client preferences and adjust your therapeutic approach in response to what clients need and want.
• Apply routine monitoring and feedback to track client outcomes and the therapeutic alliance.
• Focus on interpersonal and relational skills which are measurable and teachable.
• Understand the process and narrative dynamics of burnout, relational fatigue and vicarious trauma.
• Comprehend and synthesise over seventy years of research in what works in psychotherapy.
Dates: Thursdays, 8, 15, 22, 29 April and 6, 13, 20, 27 May 2021 from 4pm to 5.30pm. Total hours 12 hours. Course includes certificate, notes, and flashcards to support learning and deliberate practice. Online via Zoom training platform. Cost €125.
Further details available at mindfulnessclinic.ie.
Gerry Cunningham has a private at The Mindfulness Clinic in Dublin. His training and supervision approach is creative, engaging, and focused on feedback and deliberate practice by supporting therapists to achieve better results. He is currently researching supervision and deliberate practice with BABCP supervisors through the University of Oxford.