Counsellor/Psychotherapist the Dublin Well Woman Centre (December 2018)
Clinical Supervisor (effectively the Head of Counselling Services)
Ensuring the delivery of quality, ethical professional counselling services to Well Woman clients. Promoting awareness of those services.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Be a fully accredited member of IAHIP or IACIP
- Have a minimum 3 years post-accreditation experience working as a counsellor/psychotherapist.
- Possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideally, have experience of working with clients experiencing crisis.
- Be flexible, enthusiastic and committed.
- Have the ability to work as part of the counselling team and on own initiative.
- Deliver an agreed number of counselling sessions to Well Woman clients.
- Be computer literate, familiar with Word and Excel.
The Successful Candidate will be required to:
- Build a therapeutic relationship with Well Woman clients.
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of the Well Woman Centre.
- Periodically liaise with other agencies and professionals as appropriate.
- Attend team meetings.
- Keep monthly statistics of activity levels.
- Keep client notes in line with Well Woman’s policy on note-taking.
- Receive ongoing supervision.
- Take responsibility for one’s own ongoing continued professional development. (This will be supported by Well Woman by means of an Annual Training Allowance.)
- Keep updated with best practice and procedures.
- Work in line with the code of ethics of IACP, IAHIP.
- Plan and deliver social media interventions, to promote awareness of Well Woman’s counselling services.
Note: Garda Vetting is required of successful candidates for these positions.
Working Hours and Place of Work:
Counselling is currently provided in Well Woman’s three clinics.
The role is offered on a part-time basis, averaging 12 – 16 hours/week. Some Saturday and/or evening hours will be included. Hours may be subject to review.
The Dublin Well Woman Centre supports a woman’s right to choice around her reproductive options. It is essential that applicants are comfortable with, and prepared to uphold, this ethos.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and cover letter, outlining your particular suitability to the role to Ms. Catherine Clements, Head of Counselling Services, at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12 Noon, Thursday 27th December 2018.