This Professional Diploma in Supervision is fully accredited by IACP
IICP College are now taking enrollments for our November 2019 Diploma in Integrative Supervision. This course will be of interest to professionals who work in an integrative manner. It will be of particular interest to counsellors, psychotherapists, guidance counsellors, psychologists, healthcare professionals, probation officers, social services personnel, managers, and all who supervise the work of others in the helping professions.
Supervision is viewed as a key component of many professions in the provision of support to practitioners, enhancement of ongoing learning, and, to a greater or lesser extent, it offers some protection to the public. This year-long course is intended for people from a variety of disciplines who are intending, beginning or already practicing supervisors. Professionally accredited by IACP, this course is designed to enable individuals to extend their understanding and knowledge of supervision, incorporating theoretical inputs with opportunities for group discussion and experiential exercises.
- To prepare mental health professionals to provide clinical supervision to those working directly with directly health professions.
This is a part-time course, with 13 full teaching days (9:00 am-5:00 pm) delivered between November 2019 and June 2020, with additional time afforded to learners to attain the clinical supervision hours requirements, and self-directed learning.
- Definitions and purpose of supervision.
- Models of the supervisory process will be explored including those of Page and Wosket and Hawkins and Shohet.
- Learning Styles.
- Consideration of the training development and supervisory needs of supervisors.
- Opportunities to role-play in triads as supervisor, supervisee and observer, using participants’ own case work.
- Exploration of transference, counter-transference and the parallel process.
- Reflection on the similarities and differences of supervision in a one-to-one, group or organisational context.
- Consideration of Multicultural, Ethical and Professional issues. Introduction into Counselling and Psychotherapy
Our Diploma in Integrative Supervision is professionally accredited by the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
Commences: Thursday, November 7th, 2019
Fees: €1,950.00. An application processing fee of €60 also applies
For more details or to book on line, please visit our website: www.iicp.ie
01 466 4205
Dean of Academic Affairs/Registrar:
086 049 9154 or email@example.com