One in Four is a registered charity that provides psychotherapy and advocacy services to men and women who have experienced child sexual abuse and to their families. We also deliver a therapeutic intervention programme to those who cause sexual harm to children.
One in Four is recruiting a Clinical Director to co-ordinate, manage and develop the psychotherapy programmes.
The successful candidate will be an accredited psychotherapist or psychologist with extensive experience in working with survivors of sexual trauma and with those who cause sexual harm. He or she will have demonstrable experience in leading teams dealing with these complex issues.
The Clinical Director reports to the CEO:-
- To co-ordinate, manage and develop three core psychotherapy programmes:
- Individual and group psychotherapy to adult survivors of child sexual abuse
- Family support programmes
- The Phoenix sex offender intervention programme
- To be accountable for leading and managing the clinical team
- To ensure that clients are always at the centre of all programmes
- To provide appropriate solutions to current and emerging challenges in the field of therapy with sexual trauma
- To provide direction, mentoring and technical guidance to the clinical team including case management and governance
- To be responsible for creating a safe and supportive working environment for the clinical team
- To be responsible for ensuring the effective performance management of the clinical team
- To effectively manage the human resources of the clinical team according to One in Four’s HR policies and processes
- To manage client safety and risk
- To ensure that robust records and statistical information are maintained for all clinical programmes
- To ensure that all clinical programmes meet statutory and professional requirements and standards
- To maintain a small clinical practise
- To develop good working relationships with other statutory and NGO stakeholders working in the field of sexual violence
- To provide training to external agencies based on our programmes
- To play an active role in the One in Four management team
- To contribute to the evolving organisational development of One in Four
- To contribute to media activity
- To attend Board meetings on request to report on developments in the clinical team
Required Skill Set
- To have extensive psychotherapeutic experience in working with adult survivors of sexual violence and with those who cause sexual harm
- To be accredited by a recognised professional body (Irish Council for Psychotherapy, Psychological Society of Ireland, Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy or equivalent)
- To have considerable experience in developing, managing and leading complex programmes in the field of sexual violence
- To have experience in clinical supervision
- To have the ability to drive a clinical team’s development and performance
- To have experience in representing organisations, networking and working in collaboration with others
- To have excellent mentoring skills
- To have a good knowledge of the legal and governance framework of working in this field
- To be highly motivated and passionate regarding developing solutions to the challenges of working with sexual violence
- To possess the highest personal and professional ethical standards
- To be personally resilient and have access to support
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position:
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the CEO.
Closing date for applications: Friday, January 24th 2020