Wexford Rape Crisis (WRC) Charity No. CHY 12420
Invites applicants to tender for Clinical Supervision Support to counsellors in the centre.
WRC is a service offering counselling to women, men and young people aged 12 and over who have experienced, any kind of domestic, sexual or gender-based violence in their lives. In addition, we offer support counselling to a partner, family member or friend who is supporting the person who has been abused.
Clinical Supervisor Role:
We invite applications from qualified clinical supervisors to:
- Provide Clinical group and one to one supervision to our counsellors (To both Adult Counsellors and Adolescent Counsellor)
- Monitor client safety in relation to suicide risk and self-harm.
- Assist in the on-going development of best practice models in relation to the clinical services and participate in the ongoing review of WRC clinical services and policy development.
- Clinical supervisor needs to have an empathy with and understanding of the impact of domestic, sexual violence and gender-based violence.
- Clinical supervisor needs a minimum of 40 hours supervision training.
- Clinical supervisor needs to be accredited as a supervisor with IACP or IAHIP.
- Clinical supervisor will be contracted on a self-employed basis for a maximum of a 2 year period and will be contracted via on open, public tendering process.
- There will be a probation period of 6 months during which the centre manager will meet with the supervisor to review the work.
- Clinical supervisor will provide both the group supervision as well as the one to one supervision to the counsellors.
- The use of creative methodologies to enhance the on-going professional learning of the counselling team.
- Central to this supervision model is on-going, regular, and formal communication between the clinical supervisor and centre manager. This will be monthly, in the centre, post group supervision, usually for 30 minutes.
- Both group and one to one supervision will take place in the WRC located in Wexford town.
- Candidates must have sufficient public liability and professional indemnity insurance in place.
- Up-to-date Tax Clearance Certificate
Remuneration: to be discussed
Contract: up to 2 years.
Please send a letter of application, together with a CV and the names of two referees to:
Clare Williams, Manager, Wexford Rape Crisis, Clifford Street, Wexford.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any queries please contact Clare on (053) 91 22722
Deadline for Applications: Friday 11th Sept at 5pm.
Interview Date: Monday 21st in Wexford town.