Archways now wishes to recruit
One Full time plus One Part-time Therapist
For this New Service
Archways is a not for profit organisation researching and delivering evidence based programmes for children and families in Ireland. One of the programmes we deliver is Functional Family Therapy.
Archways are establishing a new functional family therapy service in the Midlands area with Tulsa to address the challenges faced by young people and their families with complex needs. The positions will be based in the Midlands area. The exact location to be agreed with the successful candidates. The positions will be for an initial one-year period. Full training will be provided in the Functional Family Therapy model.
Archways now wishes to recruit one fulltime and one part-time therapist for this new service.
Candidates must have a minimum qualification of a primary degree in Counselling/ Psychotherapy, Counselling Psychology or Family Therapy. Full accreditation with the relevant professional body is essential. Candidates must have at least 3 years’ relevant work experience, working with families and adolescents with challenging and complex needs.
In addition, candidates should have:
- Ability to work within the Functional Family Therapy philosophy and model
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to motivate families to participate in therapy
- Commitment to empowering families to solve their own problems
- Strong clinical skills
- Ability and willingness to work with families in their own homes where appropriate
- Flexibility to work when the families are available to meet
- Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with statutory agencies
- Excellent interpersonal/communication/report writing skills
- Full driving license
Duties and responsibilities will include
- Carrying a caseload as assigned
- Providing a home-based service to families as necessary
- Actively participating as part of the project team
- Working collaboratively with referring agencies and other community and state agencies.
- Working with families to develop a family plan and case manage referrals to other appropriate services and supports
- Perform the basic accountability tasks related to the job, which include compiling and maintaining all necessary records.
- Perform other duties as request
For further information or to apply for any of the positions advertised please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Applications with CV and cover letter to email@example.com stating which position you are applying for. The closing date for receipt of applications 29th September @ 5.00pm