Addiction Counsellor (2 – year, Fixed Term Contract)
Role Objective: To deliver therapeutic interventions to individuals and families affected by substance misuse. The post-holder will initially be assigned to Arbour House, Douglas Road Cork and will provide individual and group counselling in community care settings of the Addiction Service. The post holder will work with other members of multidisciplinary care teams to provide a person-centered service.
Some of responsibilities in the role include:
- Conduct initial and comprehensive assessments according to National protocols
- Implementation and facilitation of appropriate Key Working, Care planning and Case Management
- Provide individual/group counselling/therapy to clients
- Keep appropriate patient files i.e. progress notes, confidential releases (no information should be given or sought about clients without first obtaining their written consent), discharge summaries etc. Attend and present case reviews at weekly conferences held by Programme Director.
- To manage a caseload across a range of programmes, under supervision.
- Understand and prioritise Service User needs, taking account of the role of culture, sexuality, peer group, gender, family and mental health, beliefs and behaviours.
- Assessment and treatment of Service Users, Spouses and concerned persons where appropriate.
- To practice in accordance with HSE policies and standards.
- Participation in clinical multidisciplinary team liaison with general practitioners, other primary health care staff, psychiatric services, statutory/voluntary and other agencies as appropriate.
- To maintain contemporaneous records and submit statistics and activity data in a timely manner as requested by Senior.
- Maintain accountability within the Health Service Executive Performance Management System.
- Participate as a member of Multi-disciplinary Team including meetings, case conferences, team building and change management initiatives.
- To provide training in skills and theory appropriate to best counselling practice as required.
For more details please see the application pack attached below.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- Hold a recognised qualification at Level 7 (or higher) on the QQI framework in Medicine, relevant Health & Social Care Professionals (e.g. Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Speech & Language Therapy) or registered as a nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland or entitled to be so registered
- Be accredited as a counsellor with the Addiction Counsellors of Ireland – ACI (formerly known as the Irish Association of Alcohol & Addiction Counsellors – IAAC) or equivalent from another jurisdiction.
- Have two years experience as a counsellor in the areas of addiction /subsistence misuse.
- Candidates must possess the requisite knowledge and ability, including a high standard of suitability and management ability), for the proper discharge of the office.
- Candidates for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of post qualification experience of managing a case load under supervision as relevant to the role.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess Service Users’ suitability for counselling / therapy
- Demonstrate knowledge of National Rehabilitation Framework and structure of HSE
- Demonstrate awareness of professional and personal boundaries
Application Forms and a Role Profile and Personal Specification are available in the link below, on our website https://www.corksimon.ie/jobs/ or can be requested by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 021 4929408.
The closing date for receipt of completed Application Forms is Wednesday, 18th September 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Cork Simon Community is committed to equality of opportunity.
This post is funded by the ‘Health Service Executive’.
Expiry date: September 18, 2019