We are currently recruiting for a sessional therapist who will be called on to provide cover in our Lucan centre.
• Sessional Basis – x4 hour shifts over 2 days
• Rate of pay €45 per hour/session, €20 for dna/csn
(i) A recognized qualification at minimum Level 7 or higher qualification on the NQAI framework in Counselling or a Level 9 in Counselling Psychology.
(ii) Be accredited as a Psychotherapist / Counselling Psychologist with the Irish Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP), Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP), Family Therapy Association of Ireland (FTAI), National Association of Professional Counselling & Psychotherapy (NAPCP), Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) or Irish Council of Psychotherapy (ICP).
Role and Responsibilities:
The role of the Therapist is to provide professional and compassionate therapeutic support to individuals who are in suicidal or self-harm crisis, and those bereaved by suicide. We provide counselling for both Adults and children, experience of working with U12’s would be advantageous.
Pieta’s vision is a world where suicide, self-harm and stigma have been replaced by hope, self-care and acceptance. Pieta provide a range of counselling services for people who are suicidal, engage in self-harm or who are bereaved by suicide. Pieta House also operate a national 24-hour helpline (1800 247 247) and a dedicated Education and Training office. We are committed to delivering our services with care and professionalism and continue to strive to ensure that we provide the best service for our clients.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have attended training in working with adolescent clients and children
• Have experience in Play/Art Therapy
• Have experience in crisis intervention and bereavement counselling
• Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills
• Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise
• Work as part of the Clinical Team
The successful candidate shall be required to:
• Build relationships with clients using the Pieta House Models of Therapy
• Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta House
• Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews
• Receive ongoing supervision
• Actively participate in Pieta House internal meetings e.g. staff meetings, clinical meetings as appropriate
• Periodically liaise with other professionals and organisations as appropriate
• Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development
• Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, PSI, FTAI or NAPCP
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for these positions.
Applications for the above post should be made via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1st January 2021.
PIETA HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER