IAHIP would like to refer our members to the following websites which give more information on the coronavirus (COVID-19).
In order to promote personal safety for yourself and your clients, we would recommend that you follow HSE and DFA guidelines at all times. Please check the above websites regularly for updates and any changes that may occur as the situation unfolds.
Suggested guidelines for the workplace and therapy room include:
- Check with your client if they have recently travelled to any of the designated high-risk areas.
- Refrain from shaking hands before or after consultation.
- Provide a hand sanitiser or hand-washing facility where possible.
- Sit at a distance of 2 metres from your client.
- Clean surfaces with disinfectant
- Ensure that any drinking glasses used are washed in a dishwasher if possible
- Dispose of used tissues in a careful manner