Our client is a leading Registered Charity based in the mid-Ulster area. It has developed and delivered a wide range of holistic healing interventions and associated educational programmes for around two decades. Counselling/Psychotherapy has been to the forefront in its service provision. The Centre now wishes to appoint an additional Counsellor / Psychotherapist. This position is part-funded by the Victims and Survivors Service (VSS) and will be a fixed term contract initially for one year*.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the Co-Ordinator of Therapeutic Services;
- Maintain a regular caseload of five counselling/psychotherapy sessions per full working day;
- Work with a wide variety of clients dealing with different issues, according to therapist’s expertise and client’s need;
- Work to a code of ethics and practice appropriate to psychotherapy (e.g., BACP, IACP, etc.);
- Maintain notes of counselling sessions in accordance with Centre procedure and statutory obligations;
- Undertake at least 20 hours of professional training per year at his/her own expense; this to be additional to any in-house training provided by the Centre;
- Receive regular personal supervision in accordance with Centre policy and statutory requirements;
- Take part in clinical supervision, in-house training, and staff meetings as determined by the CEO and the Co-Ordinator of Therapeutic Services;
- Be available, as necessary, after 5.30pm on regular working days.
- Third level qualification with content relevant to the practice of counselling/psychotherapy;
- Post graduate qualification in counselling/psychotherapy from an orientation which is capable of supporting depth work as the practice requires;
- Accredited member of a counselling organisation for at least three years,
(e.g., BACP, IAHIP, IACP, etc.);
- Have supervised experience as an accredited counsellor/psychotherapist in a variety of psychotherapeutic/counselling situations at one-to-one level for at least three years;
- Have commitment to procuring professional support in dealing with such personal issues as may arise in the context of the counselling/psychotherapeutic practice;
- Show a commitment to professional development through a postgraduate training record;
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills;
- Have an understanding of and empathy for the third sector.
*Other Information: Potentially there may be two posts available and these are initially for a fixed term contract for 1 year. There is the possibility of permanency depending on performance and funding availability. It will be a four day working week with a maximum of 30 hours and a pro-rata annual salary. Please contact us for further details and a full Job Specification.
To find out more you can:
Submit a comprehensive CV which clearly demonstrates how you meet the above criteria together with your remuneration expectations through the link provided quoting job reference CMA1157.
You can also call Pat O’Kane 028 3025 2407 / 00 44 (0)7768 262758 in strict confidence.