SELF-CARE FOR COUNSELLORS, PSYCHOLOGISTS & COACHES
Many professionals in the helping industry spend a substantial portion of their working lives with people in stress and distress. Bringing together research and practices from Mindfulness, Mindful Self-Compassion and Positive Psychology approaches, this interactive workshop creates a safe space for participants to take an enjoyable day-out to nurture themselves and look at how they might integrate self-care into their daily practice. Many of the exercises practiced can also be applied with clients.
- Understand the risks involved including compassion fatigue, burnout, secondary traumatization (Figley, 1995)
- Learn about and experience the Mindful Self-Compassion approach (Neff, 2017) both for self and for use with clients
- Learn mindful practices that can be incorporated into a daily routine (self and clients)
- Investigate self-care in different areas of life – personal, professional, physical, emotional, spiritual – and identify action steps to focus on.
- Explore Meaning in their life and work and how this contributes to wellbeing. “From a Positive Psychology perspective, meaning consists in knowing what your highest strengths are, and then using them to belong to and serve something you believe is larger than the self” (Seligman, 2002)
- Build resilience
- Thursday 18th April 2019, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
The Laois Education Centre, Block Road, Portlaoise.
To book, please use this link – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/self-care-workshop-for-coaches-psychologists-therapists-tickets-55411333791
- Thursday 11th April 2019, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
PSI Offices, 2nd Floor Grantham House, Grantham Street, Dublin 8.
To book, please use this link – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/self-care-workshop-for-coaches-psychologists-therapists-tickets-55405011882
To book please use links, or simply go to Eventbrite.com and Search for Self-Care using Ireland as your location.
If you have any questions or to book directly using Paypal instead of Eventbrite, contact Niamh@mindworks.ie
About the Facilitator: Niamh Hannan
Niamh is a Chartered Counselling Psychologist (PsSI) with almost 20-years experience working 1 to 1. She has addressed large audiences at events such as the Mental Health & Wellbeing Summit (Aviva); the Student Leaders Congress (3Arena), Zeminar (RDS) and the Network Ireland Awards Conference. Niamh has facilitated hundreds of workshops, talks, and trainings for organizations including Allianz, NTMA, Irish Stock Exchange, VHI, Accenture, schools, charities & more. She has facilitated Self-Care workshops for organizations such as PSI, UCD, UL, a CMH Team, and she has been engaged to provide Wellness Matters workshops for doctors in RCPI over 2018 & 2019. She has a part-time private practice in south Dublin since 2004 working therapeutically with adults and teens, and runs her own business, Mindworks.ie. She is also Chairperson of the Board for TeenLine Ireland (voluntary). Niamh regularly contributes to media (2fm, Newstalk FM, The Irish Examiner, The Sunday Business Post, etc.).