The Centre for the Prevention of Self-Harm or Suicide
Pieta House | Lucan Road | Lucan | Co Dublin
T: 01-6282111 | W: http://www.pieta.ie
PLACEMENT THERAPIST POSITIONS
With its headquarters based in Lucan, Co. Dublin, Pieta House has a number of suicide crisis centres specialising in one-to-one counselling for people who are suicidal, people who have already tried to take their life, and people who engage in self-harm.
In order to extend our Clinical Team, Pieta House now wishes to recruit for posts in our following Centres – Dublin: Pieta Lucan, Pieta Ballyfermot, Pieta Tallaght and Pieta Finglas. Also : Pieta Mid West Limerick, Pieta Cork, Pieta Roscrea, Pieta Kerry and Pieta West Tuam.
Psychotherapist/Counselling Psychologist – 1 year fixed term placement contract
Placement therapist positions will offer qualified Counsellors, Psychotherapists or Counselling Psychologists an opportunity for Clinical Placements, to work up their hours towards accreditation. Clinical Placements are unpaid. Potential candidates are required to have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling & Psychotherapy or a Masters in Counselling Psychology. It is a requirement that such courses be recognised and accredited by IACP, IAHIP , NAPCP or PSI.
Placement therapist positions are also offered to students who are in the final year of their training course in Counselling & Psychotherapy. It is a requirement that such courses be recognised and accredited by IACP, IAHIP, NAPCP or PSI. It is also a requirement that applicants have completed at least half of their one to one client work hours.
The ideal candidates will:
- Meet with the above outlined educational criteria.
- Be working towards accreditation with IACP, IAHIP, PSI or NAPCP.
- Be open to working with adolescent clients.
- Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships with clients using the Pieta House Models of Therapy.
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta House.
- Receive ongoing external supervision.
- Attend one to one supervision with a Pieta House Supervisor once monthly.
- Attend annual Pieta House staff meeting.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, PSI or NAPCP.
Note: the successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form.
For further information or to submit a Curriculum Vitae, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or forward it to:
Tel: (01) 6010000
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 20 February 2015
Pieta House is an equal opportunities employer