Role: Advocacy and Public Engagement Manager
Location: Initially working remotely, the role will be passed in First Floor, Greenhills Retail Park, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24RH59
Hours: 40 hours per week over 5 days
Employment Type: Permanent
Pieta is a not-for-profit organisation based in Ireland providing care to those impacted by suicidal ideation and self-harm and those bereaved by suicide. The charity provides a comprehensive range of prevention, intervention and postvention services through its network of centres across the country, remotely via phone and video and its 24/7 helpline. In addition, Pieta provides a suicide-bereavement liaison service. Services are made possible through the generosity of donors, the HSE and well-supported fundraising activities.
Clinical therapists provide essential nationwide. In support of the services delivered to our clients Pieta has a number of support functions – finance, human resources, fundraising, operations, marketing, research and development – all under the direction of the CEO.
Current state funding in Pieta is c20%. This needs to increase significantly to support organisational sustainability. The target is State funding at 50%.
It is critical that the level of state funding is increased to ensure sustainability of the organisation and in order for Pieta to continue to service clients in crisis. The focus therefore remains on an operational level never able to move into a strategic space.
This position is required to ensure a focused plan is created and accelerated within the organisation, the appropriate, relevant, and right steps are taken now to enable achievement of the target of State funding at 50% over the next 2 – 3 years. As the Manager in Advocacy & Public Engagement you will be responsible for managing and coordinating support on all project activities, including scheduling, reporting and document control.
• Strategy – Design the advocacy and state-funding strategy and approach for Pieta
• Project Management – Develop project approach and manage the project including setting, tracking and monitoring of specific workstreams as outlined in the advocacy and funding strategy.
• Stakeholder management and impact/influence – Identify, engage, navigate and manage the appropriate stakeholders to build advocacy for increased funding from the State and achievement of set funding targets and objectives.
• Communication and presentation – Work with the relevant teams within Pieta to build the appropriate narrative to best represent Pieta with the relevant external stakeholders and to build the advocacy to support the achievement of the funding priorities for 2021 and beyond.
• Relationship building – build the appropriate network to support advocacy and build sustainable organizational support
• Research, data and reporting – Work with the Clinical team to derive the relevant and appropriate data to support the agenda and provide direction where feasible in regard to policy and advocacy
• Leadership – work with the CEO, Board and Management team to drive this agenda forward
• Devise systems to ensure accountability for meeting commitments and getting results
• Provide change direction and support in engaging and managing change
• Prioritise and project management specific initiatives to ensure they meet business and client needs in a structured way
• Develop efficient work plans for complex projects where cross functional teams are involved
• Support and assist line managers in rolling out company initiatives with their teams
• Develop measurable objectives and clear outcomes
• Manage dependencies by coordinating group goals/activities with those of other groups
Skills & Experience:
• At least 7+ years relevant experience in communications, project management and advocacy / policy
• A formal third level qualification in Business Management, Communications, Marketing, Advocacy
• Strong communication skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and project priorities
• Experience in delivering and implementing strategies. Capability to develop efficient work plans for complex projects involving many groups, and effectively implement and coordinate these plans.
• Demonstrate a keen understanding of the relationships among various components of large-scale programs that cut across groups, organising them such that limited resources are used most effectively
• Advanced IT skills and working knowledge of MS Office and reporting
• Focus and drive for results, ability to negotiate, mediate and influence to ensure delivery
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th December 2020.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER