24hr Crisis Helpline Counsellors – Relief Panel
The Pieta 24hr Crisis Helpline is a confidential and professional service providing telephone/SMS crisis support, advice, and referral for those bereaved through suicide, engaging in self-harm, experiencing suicide ideation and concerned friends or family members.
We are currently recruiting for a relief panel of Helpline Counsellors/Psychotherapists who will be called on to provide cover for annual leave, sick leave and extra support. Flexibility is required as you may be asked to work shifts across the 24-hour day to cover last minute or planned absences.
Salary: €19.03 basic rate per hour/€25.00 Sunday rate per hour
The ideal candidates will:
- Have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, FTAI, NAPCP, ICP or equivalent (pre-accredited applicants with experience relevant to this role may also be considered).
- Be flexible to work shifts across the 24-hour day, including night shifts & weekends and be available at short notice if required.
- Have previous helpline experience, either in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Have completed training and be experienced in working with those at risk of or affected by suicide.
- Demonstrate evidence of their personal therapy work.
- Demonstrate excellent listening, communication, decision-making and assessment skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Work as part of a Clinical Team.
- Be proficient in MS Office and Outlook
- Have experience using Salesforce or similar CRM system
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships and support callers using the stated policies and procedures of the Helpline
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta
- Receive ongoing external clinical supervision
- Maintain valid and up to date personal indemnity insurance
- Actively participate in Pieta internal meetings as appropriate e.g. staff/clinical meetings
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, FTAI, NAPCP or ICP
- Maintain professional indemnity insurance and all other appropriate insurances
To Apply: Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include CV and cover letter outlining suitability to the role. Closing date for applications is 18th December 2020.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form.
Pieta is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of gender, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability or membership of the travelling community