Munster & South Leinster Region
Hours: 35 hours per week over 5 days (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm)
Contract Type: permanent, full-time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Annual Leave: 27 days per annum
Reporting to: Clinical Director
Principal Relationships: Executive and Management teams
Pieta House is one of the country’s foremost providers of care to those who are impacted by suicidal ideation and self-harm and those bereaved by suicide. The charity provides a comprehensive range of prevention, intervention and postvention services through its network of 15 centres across the country and our 24/7 helpline. We also provide a Suicide Bereavement Liaison Service to families, bereaved by suicide.
The charity employs over 270 people, most of whom are engaged in its clinical service nationwide and has a comprehensive suite of support functions in finance, HR, fundraising, operations, marketing, training and Education and Research, all under the direction of its CEO and Board of Directors.
- To provide leadership, management, good governance for the delivery of the Pieta strategic objectives across a number of centres within the region defined. This role is primarily a leadership role with accountability for consistent and effective implementation of Pieta clinical services within the designated regions.
- Main Responsibilities
- To provide leadership to all lead therapists within the region.
- To support, guide, develop and motivate the lead therapists in your region to reach full potential.
- To liaise closely with the HSE and relevant stakeholders within your region as appropriate.
- To implement goals and objectives of Pieta House.
- To actively promote effective multi-disciplinary working within the region, by working in collaboration with each of your managers and other stakeholders
- To assist the managers with regular promotion of clinical services offered by Pieta, including Outreach and the Suicide Bereavement Liaison services.
- To identify training and development gaps within your centres and present proposals to bridge the gaps vis-a -vis relevant courses or developmental programmes.
- To monitor supervision of therapists and support staff with your region, ensuring consistency in terms of quality and cost.
- To work with the lead therapists and forecast resources in line with budgets set and hold regular reviews or present a case for a reforecast where necessary in light of increased demand for services within a region.
- To ensure centres are using technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency of record keeping.
- To work with each of the enabling support functions of Operations, I.T. Finance, Funding and Advocacy, Education and Training & Human Resources to ensure best practice be adopted and maintained within each of the centres under your management.
- To ensure compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and (National Employment Rights Authority) with regular spot checks to ensure updated Garda vetting, insurance and accreditation certs for all relevant staff are in place within each of your centres.
- To deal promptly with issues as they arise within agreed timeframes and provide feedback where appropriate.
- To ensure that effective Clinical Governance, Quality, Client and staff safety procedures are in place.
- To provide monthly reports to the Clinical Director as required within agreed formats and timeframes.
Planning & Organising
- Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise, and prioritise workload, and to reach and meet deadlines on time
- Understands the importance of liaising with and updating colleagues of their responsibilities in terms of management and its delivery
- Understands the importance of working within budget
- Develops efficient work plans for complex projects involving many groups, and effectively implement and coordinate these plans
- Prepares for, anticipates, and effectively deals with problems and roadblocks
- Respects and listens to the opinions of others and takes their contribution into consideration
- Motivates and leads with a positive attitude, open to helping team members at all times
- Possesses good interpersonal communication skills, and works effectively in groups and teams
- Demonstrates an ability to establish clear and appropriate boundaries in relationships with staff and clients, and with the handling of confidential and sensitive information
- Anticipates issues arising and effectively analyses outcomes
- Commits to assisting team members with solving problems
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and make responsible decisions when a difficult issue arises
Integrity and Trustworthiness
- Adheres to a set of core values, and to the Vision, Mission and Values of Pieta House at all times.
- Leads by example in terms of honesty and impartiality in dealing with others
- Exercises good judgment and maintains confidentiality
- Uses flawless discretion and judgment in discussing information about the Organisation with people outside the company
- Insists on integrity at all levels of their organisation
Candidate Profile – Essential skills
Education and Skills
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent. Relevant qualifications in the clinical field will be a distinct advantage.
- Proven track record as a leader within the healthcare or clinical environment with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent IT skills with the capacity to maximise technology to increase efficiencies in processes and procedures.
- Outgoing manner, able to establish relationships with a variety of people, and to be confident in presentation and communications.
- Self-motivated and proven ability to take the initiative
- Effective communication skills with an ability to write and present reports in a clear, concise and factual manner.
- A company mobile phone and laptop will be provided
- Annual leave – 27 days plus public holidays and concessionary days.
- Personal development plan for which time and financial support will be provided
- Leadership development training and CPD will be provided.
- Access to Pieta’s pension scheme in line with current rules of eligibility.
- Travel expenses in line with Pieta’s expenses policy
Applications for this post should be made via the website or by email to email@example.com by Monday 20th July 2020. Please state salary expectations and attach a CV and cover letter outlining your particular suitability to the role.
Please Note: Garda Vetting is required of the successful candidate
PIETA HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER