The Centre for the Prevention of Self-Harm or Suicide
Pieta House | Lucan Road | Lucan | Co Dublin
T: 01-6010000 | W: http://www.pieta.ie
With its headquarters based in Lucan, Co. Dublin, Pieta House has a number of suicide crisis centres specializing in one-to-one counselling for people who are suicidal, people who have already tried to take their life, and people who self-harm.
In order to extend our Clinical Team, Pieta House now wishes to recruit for the following posts:
PIETA MID-WEST LIMERICK AND PIETA GALWAY CITY
Psychotherapist/Counselling Psychologist – 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
20 hours per week (days and times to be determined)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, PSI, NAPCP, ICP or equivalent
- Have experience in working with bereavement clients
- Have experience in working with child and adolescent clients
- Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organizations as appropriate and represent the organizations at meetings, seminars, presentations etc.
- Experience in family and play therapy would be an advantage.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships with clients using the Pieta House Models of Therapy.
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta House.
- Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions, and reviews.
- Receive ongoing supervision.
- Actively participate in Pieta House internal meetings e.g. staff meetings, clinical meetings as appropriate.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organizations as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, PSI or NAPCP or equivalent governing body.
Note: the successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form.
For further information or to submit a Curriculum Vitae, please email email@example.com or forward it to:
HR / Administration / Reception
Greenhills Retail Park
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, September 21, 2018
Pieta House is an equal opportunities employer