24hr Crisis Helpline Counsellors,
Remote/Dublin – Employed
The Pieta 24hr Crisis Helpline is a confidential and professional service providing telephone/SMS counselling, crisis support, advice, and referral for those bereaved through suicide, engaging in self-harm or experiencing suicide ideation and concerned friends or family members.
Pieta is presently recruiting Helpline Counsellors/Psychotherapists to join our existing team.
As our Crisis Helpline operates 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, the successful candidates must be flexible and available to work on shifts spread over the 24-hour day, including night shifts and weekends. On average, Helpline Counsellors work 3 eight-hour shifts per week, on a rotating basis.
Applicants must be qualified & accredited Counsellors, Psychotherapists or Counselling Psychologists. Although training will be provided to successful candidates, training and experience working with those at risk of or affected by suicide is desirable.
Due to the specialised nature of this work, it is imperative for all applicants to show evidence of their personal therapy work. Group supervision and case management is provided onsite and it is necessary for the successful candidates to attend their own clinical supervision. Successful candidates are required to have personal indemnity insurance.
Rate of pay €19.03 per hour and €25.00 per hour premium rate for Sundays/bank holidays
The ideal candidates will:
- Meet with the above outlined criteria and flexibility
- Demonstrate excellent listening, communication, decision-making and assessment skills
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships with callers using the stated policies and procedures of the Helpline
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta House
- Receive ongoing external clinical supervision
- Attend internal group supervision once monthly
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times
Applications should be submitted by email to; email@example.com.
Applications should include CV and cover letter outlining your particular suitability to the role.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 3rd July 2020.
Note: the successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form.
Pieta House is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of gender, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability or membership of the travelling community.