Role: 24hr Crisis Helpline Counsellor
Hours: 24hrs per week on average (13 X 8hr shifts per month)
Salary: €19.03 basic rate per hour/€25.00 Sunday rate per hour
Employment Type: Permanent
The Pieta 24hr Crisis Helpline is a confidential and professional service providing telephone/SMS counselling, crisis support, advice, and referral for those bereaved through suicide, engaging in self-harm, experiencing suicide ideation and concerned friends or family members.
Pieta is presently recruiting Helpline Counsellors/Psychotherapists to join our existing team. Our Helpline Counsellors work 24 hours a week on a rolling roster to ensure our service is available 24 hours a day throughout the year.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, FTAI, NAPCP, ICP or equivalent (pre-accredited applicants with experience relevant to this role may also be considered).
- Be flexible and available to work shifts across the 24-hour day, including night shifts & weekends and on a rotating basis.
- Have previous helpline experience, either in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Have completed training and be experienced in working with those at risk of or affected by suicide.
- Demonstrate evidence of their personal therapy work.
- Demonstrate excellent listening, communication, decision-making and assessment skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Work as part of a Clinical Team.
- Be proficient in MS Office and Outlook
- Have experience using Salesforce or similar CRM system
The successful candidate shall be required to:
Build relationships and support callers using the stated policies and procedures of the Helpline.
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta
- Receive ongoing external clinical supervision and attend group supervision internally in Pieta once per calendar month.
- Maintain valid and up to date personal indemnity insurance.
- Actively participate in Pieta internal meetings as appropriate e.g. staff/clinical meetings.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, FTAI, NAPCP or ICP.
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 1st March 2021.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER