Pieta provide a range of counselling services for people who are suicidal, engage in self-harm or who are bereaved by suicide. Pieta House also operate a national 24 hour helpline (1800 247 247) and a dedicated Research, Education and Training office. We are committed to delivering our services with care and professionalism and continue to strive to ensure that we provide the best service for our clients.
Centre Manager – Pieta Wexford and Waterford
Location: Wexford and Waterford
Position Type: Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week (NOTE: May include some evening and weekend work)
Salary: €43,000 per annum
The role of the Centre Manager – Wexford and Waterford is to manage the two teams of therapists and oversee all clinical issues that may across the two Centres. The Centre Manager will also be responsible for the management of the clinical support staff including operations, procedures and resources to facilitate and support the delivery of a “best in class” counselling service. This also includes ensuring that the “Pieta Way” for each Centre is delivered effectively, while maintaining office services and efficiency, supervising office staff and maintaining office records.
It is expected that the Centre Manager will divide their time between the two Centres as agreed with the Regional Manager.
This role will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Maintain an agreed clinical caseload
· Ensure effective induction, monitoring and support of all staff
· Monitor and support therapists in the delivery of safe, high quality therapeutic interventions in line with Pieta’s clinical model
· Implement and monitor of all policies and procedures ensuring compliance by all staff
· Oversee file hygiene
· Monitor the level of cancellations and no shows in the centre and take measures to address these as required.
· Promote and maintain the ethos of Pieta House which is rooted in compassion and care
· Audit all therapists accreditation and insurance
· Oversee the provision of centre group clinic supervision
· Provide support to therapists with regard to any issues with clients
· Assist the Fundraising function occasionally with presentations and represent Pieta House at external fundraising events (outside normal working hours).
· Oversee the provision of mentoring for Clinical Support
· Manage the Centre’s to ensure clients are scheduled to the appropriate therapists and that appointments are scheduled to match resources and capacity, and the Centre operates to maximum capacity
· Report, monitor and address waiting lists ensuring clients are met in a timely manner, and those awaiting a service are supported and kept up to date.
· Oversee and manage our client assessment and risk assessments, ensuring best practice, and that access to the service is in line with our service model
· Provide regular monthly and other ad hoc reports and insights Regional Manager
· Build and foster relationships with other agencies, promoting the work of the centres and ensuring agencies understand our service criteria and referral protocols.
· Review and approve sessional therapist hours, and centre invoices
· Manage and maintain appropriate HR records for HR and payroll functions
· Manage the maintenance of accurate filing systems and ensure these are updated.
· Train all new staff in the Pieta way in order to achieve the ‘Centre of Excellence’ standard.
· Ensure Salesforce training is provided for all staff, and strictly adhered to as required.
· Oversee office supplies inventory.
· Ensure security and confidentiality of data, in line with GDPR and our organisational policies
· Maintain a safe and secure working environment and the overall health and safety aspects of the Centre in line with the appropriate policies.
· Manage and motivate the staff team using the MSM process. (management and support meetings)
· Manage performance or other HR issues keeping the Regional Manager advised where appropriate
· Manage and maintain costs in line with budgets set.
· Prepare and deliver external presentations on behalf of Pieta where required
Education, Skills and Experience:
· Be fully accredited with IAHIP, IACP, PSI, NAPCP or equivalent.
· A minimum of two years supervisory or management experience.
· Certified in Children’s First HSE Training
· Excellent literacy, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in using Microsoft office, Outlook, etc.
· Experience of using Salesforce or similar CRM would be an advantage
· The ability to maintain absolute discretion in all aspects of the work.
· An ability to work on their own initiative and have a strong ability to manage and work with a team of therapists as well as our Pieta clients and stakeholders.
· Be interested in and demonstrate a belief and enthusiasm for the work of Pieta House.
· Be able to liaise in a professional manner with Pieta’s headquarters and the various function heads of each.
· Committed to working closely with the staff to resolve together issues as they arise.
· Experience in the preparation and delivery of presentations
· Working Hours: Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week (NOTE: May include some evening and weekend work)
· Salary €43,000 per annum
· Pension of 5% of base salary (eligible after 6 months service).
· 26 days holidays.
· Attractive CPD allowance
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
Applications for all of the above posts should be made via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by
5:00 pm – Tuesday, 17th March 2020.
PIETA HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER