Certificate in Integrative Supervision
Supervision in some form is viewed as a key component of many professions in the provision of support to practitioners, enhancement of ongoing learning, and, to a greater or lesser degree, it offers some protection to the public.
This course will be of interest to professionals who work in an integrative manner. It will be of particular interest to counsellors, psychotherapists, guidance counsellors, psychologists, healthcare professionals, probation officers, social services personnel, managers, and all who supervise the work of others in the helping professions.
- Definitions and purpose of supervision.
- Models of the supervisory process will be explored including those of Page and Wosket and Hawkins and Shohet.
- Learning Styles.
- Consideration of the training development and supervisory needs of supervisors.
- Opportunities to role-play in triads as supervisor, supervisee and observer, using participants’ own case work.
- Exploration of transference, counter-transference and the parallel process.
- Reflection on the similarities and differences of supervision in a one-to-one, group or organisational context.
- Consideration of Multicultural, Ethical and Professional issues.
SCHEDULE OF DATES:
Day One: Fri 19 June 2015 Day Eight: Fri 9 October 2015
Day Two: Sat 20 June 2015 Day Nine: Fri 06 November 2015
Day Three: Fri 10 July 2015 Day Ten: Fri 08 January 2016
Day Four: Sat 11 July 2015 Day Eleven: Fri 12 February 2016
Day Five: Fri 14 August 2015 Day Twelve: Fri 25 March 2016
Day Six: Sat 15 August 2015 Day Thirteen: Fri 08 April 2016
Day Seven: Fri 11 September 2015
Class will run each date from 9.00am-5.00pm in IICP.
Practitioner’s Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
The Course is a 4 day certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). The aim of the course is to equip participants with the necessary theoretical and clinical understanding of the CBT approach to counselling. Skills practice will form an integral part of the training. The course content can be broken into four broad areas:
- Assessment of Presenting Problems
- Disputation of Irrational Beliefs
SCHEDULE OF DATES:
Day One: Saturday 08 August 2015
Day Two: Sunday 09 August 2015
Day Three: Saturday 05 September 2015
Day Four: Sunday 06 September 2015
COST: €495 (€430 for IICP Alumni/VCS Counsellors)
For further information on these or any of our courses please visit our website www.iicp.ie, or email:
Triona Kearns, General Manager: Triona@iicp.ie
Laura Pierce, Executive Assistant: email@example.com