Our Autumn Workshop series details are available to view on our website. Please click on the link for booking forms https://iahip.org/workshops-2
The next upcoming workshop will be
Workshop 3- A Psychotherapeutic Understanding of Eating Disorders and Obesity
Held on Sunday 22nd November 2020
Facilitated by: Iseult White
This workshop takes as a starting point that the avoidance or restriction of difficult emotions is a central factor contributing to the development and maintenance of eating disorders and obesity. It examines an integrative approach to working with eating disorders that looks at the psychotherapeutic relationship through psychodynamic, cognitive, behavioural, systemic, and attachment perspectives.
A focus on the person of the psychotherapist as an actor within a dysfunctional system is maintained throughout the workshop. Participants will be challenged to expand their thinking about eating disorders to include sociological, neurobiological, and medical factors. Experiential exercises and case material are used throughout the workshop to illustrate key points.
The learning outcomes for this workshop include:
- Explore your personal response to food, eating, and EDs
- Understand theories about the causes of EDs
- Explore an integrated approach to working with EDs
- Explore the difference between working with adolescents and young adults vs working with adults
- Understanding the medical and physiological issues involved and the importance of collaborating with dieticians, GP’s and psychiatrists
- Explore transference and countertransference in ED’s
Submit your booking form to secure your place