Counsellor Role with One Family | October 2018
One Family is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced, professionally accredited Counsellor for our Counselling Service. One Family is Ireland’s organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting and separating families. If you are interested in working in a progressive and dynamic not-for-profit organisation then this could be the role for you.
The One Family Counselling Service provides:
- General Counselling
- Solution Focused Counselling
- Unplanned Pregnancy Counselling (3 options)
- Post Termination Counselling
- Young People in Care Supports
- Play and Creative Therapies for Children and Young Adults
- Supervision for Counsellors
- Professional Development for those working with Crisis or Unplanned Pregnancy.
Person Specification – you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 years proven counselling experience post accreditation
- Have a relevant counselling/ psychotherapy qualification
- Be an accredited member of IACP, IAHIP or another professional body
- Have experience working in an interdisciplinary team
- Have a client-focused perspective
- Be enthusiastic and motivated
- Be well organised with good attention to detail
- Have knowledge of the issues facing one parent families.
Counselling Position Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the provision of a professional and comprehensive counselling service for One Family clients
- To deliver General Counselling and Solution-Focused Counselling, within the agreed ethos of the One Family Counselling Service
- To deliver Unplanned/Crisis Pregnancy counselling and Post-abortion Counselling in due course following specialist training
- Maintain all quality/professional standards and codes of practice
- Attend relevant internal and external supervisions and trainings
- Maintain all relevant admin, monitoring and data
- Follow all One Family’s policies and procedures
- To contribute to evaluations, policy, reports, funding applications etc as requested.
- To be line managed by the Counselling Manager and take direction where appropriate on issues relating to clients
- To maintain the high professional and ethical standard in the provision of care to clients established by the One Family Counselling Service.
This is a part-time, 2.5 days (17.5 hours) per week role with the potential for additional hours in the future. The days to be decided, in One Family, 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7. The full time salary scale is approx €39K – €42K for a 35 hour week but the salary offered will be pro rata for 21 hours, based on skills and experience. Annual leave, supervision and other benefits will be provided.
A cover letter and CV addressing the required competencies should be sent to: Counselling Services Manager, One Family, 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7 or by email to email@example.com.
First round interviews will be held on Tuesday 23 October and second round interviews for candidates will be on Thursday 1 November 2018.