Seeking Experienced Mental Health Professionals to join panel of Training Partners
Aware, the national mental health organisation providing support, education and information for people impacted by depression, bipolar disorder and related mood conditions, wishes to recruit a number of Training Partners to join their current panel of trainers to deliver the organisation’s Relatives & Friends Education Programme. (Please note the number of programmes delivered throughout the year may vary and could be limited).
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Qualified and experienced Mental Health Professionals, with training experience, are invited to apply e.g. Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Psychiatric Social Workers, RPN (please note candidates must have a professional qualification gained from a minimum 3 year course). All applicants need to have experience dealing with people who have experienced depression and / or bipolar disorder.
ABOUT THE RELATIVES & FRIENDS EDUCATION PROGRAMME
This programme is specifically aimed at relatives of, or individuals who care about, someone who is experiencing depression or bipolar disorder. It consists of four modules, delivered one evening per week over four consecutive weeks.
Due to the nature of the programme content and target audience, it is essential that applicants for this role can demonstrate empathy, can identify with the audience and the various challenges they may have faced / be facing while supporting or caring for a relative and / or friend experiencing depression and / or bipolar disorder.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Extensive experience of dealing with people who have experienced depression and/or bipolar disorder.
- Knowledge and a deep understanding of the emotional and psychological impact of these conditions.
- Experience delivering and facilitating interactive training to groups of up to 15 adults.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills in the virtual sphere.
- Strong proficiency in use of Zoom.
- Knowledge of CBT and its applications.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA:
- Professional qualification in a mental health discipline, e.g. Psychology, Psychotherapy, Counselling, RPN, etc.
- A minimum of three years relevant mental health experience
- Extensive experience of delivering training programmes/workshops to groups
- A clean full driving license and own transport
- Must own the necessary equipment conducive to training/presenting, i.e. laptop, projector and speakers
- Required to be self-employed and will be hired on a sessional basis only
- Required to hold professional indemnity insurance & Public liability insurance
- Excellent IT skills
- Garda clearance will be required and two references
- Completion, or evidence of completion, of the HSE ‘Children First’ E-learning Module will be required
Full and comprehensive training will be provided by Aware to those candidates selected from the interview process.
We are currently delivering this programme via Zoom but we anticipate resuming the in-person group format once safe to do so, along with continuing to provide a virtual offering. You may be required to deliver the programme in-person later in the year, depending on your location.
Please email your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your desire for this position – “why you are most suitable for this role” to: firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail must include subject: Relatives & Friends Education Programme)
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th March 2021.
Please note, you will be contacted only if you are shortlisted to attend an interview.
Formal training will be held for successful candidates post interview process, with the need to be available to attend training and commence delivery of the Relatives & Friends Education Programme shortly after completion of training.