Supervision in some form is viewed as a key component of many professions in the provision of support to practitioners, enhancement of ongoing learning, and, to a greater or lesser degree, it offers some protection to the public.
This course will be of interest to professionals who work in an integrative manner. It will be of particular interest to counsellors, psychotherapists, guidance counsellors, psychologists, healthcare professionals, probation officers, social services personnel, managers, and all who supervise the work of others in the helping professions.
• Definitions and purpose of supervision.
• Models of the supervisory process will be explored including those of Page and Wosket and Hawkins and Shohet.
• Learning Styles.
• Consideration of the training development and supervisory needs of supervisors.
• Opportunities to role-play in triads as supervisor, supervisee and observer, using participants’ own case work.
• Exploration of transference, counter-transference and the parallel process.
• Reflection on the similarities and differences of supervision in a one-to-one, group or organisational context.
• Consideration of Multicultural, Ethical and Professional issues.
SCHEDULE OF DATES:
Thursday 08 February 2018 Thursday 14 June 2018
Thursday 22 February 2018 Friday 15 June 2018
Thursday 01 March 2018 Thursday 28 June 2018
Thursday 22 March 2018 Thursday 19 July 2018
Thursday 19 April 2018 Friday 20 July 2018
Thursday 10 May 2018 Thursday 16 August 2018
Thursday 24 May 2018
Class will run each date from 9.00am-5.00pm in IICP.
Attendance at all training days is necessary to qualify for the award of the Diploma
COST: €1,950.00, Early Bird Offer €1755, available until November 30th, 2017.
AWARD: Diploma in Integrative Supervision.
AWARDING BODY: IICP (IACP Accredited)
For further information please visit IICP.ie or contact the IICP Office: 01 4664205 / 087 9055330
Dean of Academic Affairs & Registrar: Email: Triona@iicp.ie, Phone: 086 0499154
Chairperson and Programme Director: Email: Marcella@iicp.ie, Phone: 086 2609989
Venue: IICP, Killinarden Enterprise Park, Killinarden, Dublin 24.