A One-Day Introduction
Dr Sue Johnson’s Groundbreaking Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
Facilitated by Certified and Practicing EFT-C Therapist, James Parrin
“I love working with couples now because my practice is finally grounded in a very effective model of therapy
incorporating attachment theory and the power of engaging with a couple’s hidden emotions which gets me right down into the heart of the matter. I highly encourage therapists to learn more about EFT-C” J.Parrin
What is Emotionally Focused Therapy?
EFT is a clear experiential structure and approach designed to assist couples in awareness and departure from their repetitive cycles of distress, towards a relationship of closeness and intimacy.
The goal of EFT is to create a positive emotional bond between partners; a secure base where accessibility and responsiveness are present. This is achieved through the EFT framework and a series of three recognisable stages: Cycle de-escalation, Restructuring Interactions and Consolidation.
What are the benefits?
– EFT grounds your practice by providing an effective framework from which to navigate.
– Rather than getting caught in the details, EFT gets right to the heart of the matter.
– EFT incorporates Attachment Theory and the power of engaging with a couple’s hidden emotions.
– A set of practical tools and interventions for a therapist to use in their daily practice.
– EFT is fully supported by empirical research in the field of couples therapy.
Learning objectives for the one day introduction
– How a solid EFT framework keeps your practice grounded
– How EFT is used in practice with couples
– What to look for in couples e.g. perpetual negative cycles
– Emotions as a vehicle of transformation
– The magic of enactments and their positive affect on a couple’s bonding
– Becoming aware of practical interventions – which work
Who is James Parrin?
James Parrin is currently the Irish representative for Dr Sue Johnson’s Emotionally Focused Therapy in Ireland and is registered as a certified therapist with the ’International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy’.
James organises training seminars in conjunction with international EFT trainer Gail Palmer (RMFT, MSW) and her colleagues. James is currently an EFT supervisor-in-training assisting therapists with their individual and group learning as they move towards their certification in EFT.
James has a private practice in Dublin City, County Wicklow and County Carlow.
Venue: The Jesuit Conference Centre, Milltown Park, Sandford Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6
Date: 9th November 2013
Time: 10 – 5 (Registration 9.30)
To book your place: Contact James – Email: email@example.com Tel: 087 202 9755
One Day Introduction Information: Introduction_Day_2013