Trauma and the Body: An Introductory Presentation on Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Through the Lens of Mindfulness – facilitated by Anne Kirwan
Date: Sunday 21st October 2018
Venue: Strand Hotel, Limerick
Times: 11 am – 5 pm
Cost: € 70 – to include morning tea/coffee, soup, sandwiches and afternoon tea/coffee (Gluten-free options available)
(Booking and Payment details below)
This training day is suitable for mindfulness teachers, mindfulness teachers – in -training, psychotherapists, mental health professionals and anyone interested in understanding more about dealing with trauma as it arises in the body.
It will include topics such as:
- What is Trauma?
- Procedural Learning
- Window of Tolerance-Modulation Model, skills to regulate Arousal within the Window of Tolerance
- Tracking the Body
- Vocabulary for Sensorimotor experience
- Embedded Relational Experience, qualities of Mindfulness, directed Mindfulness, Facilitating dual Awareness
This training day will be practical and informative, combining teaching and presentations by Anne, experiential exercises, discussion, and practice. The primary aim of the day is to increase your awareness and understanding of Trauma and its legacy.
The day will also provide an opportunity to connect and network with other mindfulness teachers and psychotherapists interested in this field of work.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy is a body-oriented talking therapy developed in the 1980’s by Pat Ogden, informed by the work of Ron Kurtz (1990) and the Rolf Method of Structural Integration (Rolf,1987) and enriched by contributions from the fields of attachment, neuroscience, and dissociation.
About the facilitator:
Anne Kirwan is qualified as an Advanced Practitioner (Certified Sensorimotor Psychotherapist) from the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute (SPI), Boulder, Colorado, and is the Organiser in Ireland for all Trainings offered by the Institute at Ashe House. (www.ashehouse.ie) SRN, SCM, Certified Sensorimotor Psychotherapist (CSP)
- Anne teaches Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindful Self Compassion ( MSC), Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living(MBCL) and Positive Neuroplasticity (PNT) on a regular basis at Ashe House, Centre for MindBody Integration
In order to facilitate the smooth planning of this day, we kindly ask you to forward your payment in advance. Details for a bank transfer are below. If you would prefer to forward a cheque, this can be sent to Susan Barrett, Camp, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
To secure your space, please also email Susan Barrett at: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you are:
- A mindfulness teacher
- A mindfulness teacher -in-training
- A psychotherapist
- A mental health professional
- Please also specify any dietary requirements
Account Name: Mindfulness Teachers Association of Ireland
Bank Name and Address: AIB, Main St, Malahide
Sort code: 93-25-23
Account Number: 63966-057
IBAN: IE 09 AIBK 9325 2363 9660 57