Saturday November 29th–10am to 4pm
South Court Hotel Limerick
This Workshop is experiential in nature, addressing the needs of people who are suicidal and engaging in deliberate self -harm. It will build confidence and assurance in responding to such issues as well as addressing the needs of the person responding.
Overview of Workshop:
- Suicide in Ireland Today
- Myths and Facts of Suicide and Self-harm
- If someone tells you that they are suicidal, do you respond or react?
- Where does confidentiality start and end?
- How to spot the signs of suicide and assess the level of risk
- The relationship between self-harm and suicide
- What issues does it raise for you?
- Appropriate and Inappropriate ways to respond to self-harm and suicide and the appropriate language to use.
- How to respond to a suicide in the community
- Information on the support Pieta House will provide and a referral pathway
This Workshop is suitable to Counsellors, Psychologists, Social Care workers and other allied professionals. Certificate provided and qualifies for 5 CPD points (IACP & IAHIP).
Presenter Bio: Cindy O’Connor, involved with Pieta House since it’s inception in 2006 holds the position of Chief Operations Officer. Cindy is a Professional Psychotherapist with an MA in Clinical Supervision and a former Clinical Director of Pieta House. With a background in Welfare Rights and having worked as a Therapist for over 13 years in both private practice and with Barnardos, Cindy has extensive experience in supporting a high risk client base. In addition Cindy regularly facilitates training workshops relating to Suicide and Self-Harm.Cost: €100* including lunch –as places are limited, *please note a non-refundable deposit of €50 is required. To book – please contact Pieta House Mid West on 061- 484444 or by email to email@example.com
Workshops will also take place in the following venues
Pieta House Cork – Monday 1st December 10am-4pm email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 021 4341400
Pieta House West – Thursday 4th December 10am-4pm email email@example.com
or call 093 25586 (venue Claregalway Hotel)