JOB TITLE: CEO for SouthWest Counselling Centre
LOCATION: Killarney – with travel to other SWCC projects as required
REPORTING TO: SWCC Board of Directors
CONTRACT TYPE: This is a full-time post
SouthWest Counselling Centre is a registered charity and has been provid-ing counselling in Kerry since 1994. The centre offers low cost affordable counselling and some free services. We have a large team of profession-ally trained counsellors offering both short term and long term counselling. Counsellors at the centre are accredited with either IACP and IAHIP or are working towards their accreditation.
SouthWest Counselling Centre works in a confidential, caring and safe environment with individuals, couples, families and groups. We help them to explore and understand their individual needs and to function more positively as individuals and in their relationships.
The SouthWest Counselling Centre CEO will plan, organise, motivate and direct the work of the centre. S/he will report directly to the Board and will work in close consultation with them to
• Manage the strategic and operational development of SouthWest Counselling Centre as a driver of positive change in improving mental health services and supports, and in promoting positive mental health.
• Take a lead role in developing and sustaining co-operative and collaborative relationships with a range of key stakeholders from the statutory, voluntary and community sector.
• Facilitate the development of strong governance frameworks that sup-port the implementation of SWCC locally.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualifications and Experience:
• A third level qualification (Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent) in a business, health – including mental health, community development, education or social science related area.
• A minimum of three years or more relevant project management experience, inclusive of inter-agency project management, within a statutory or voluntary organisation.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience of developing and managing health, business, education or community development projects and interventions.
• Experience of working in a collaborative manner across multiple agen-cies and sectors.
• An understanding of the issues affecting people in relation to mental health.
• Experience of working with people in a health, or education or communi-ty setting is desirable as is an awareness and knowledge of agencies that have a responsibility for working with people.
• Knowledge of the relevant local area is desirable.
• Evidence of knowledge of mental health and related policies and how this impacts on service provision for people is desirable as is a knowledge of evidence based practices for working with people.
• Experience of report writing and formal presentations.
• Experience of reporting to a Management Group (The Board of SWCC).
• A good understanding of counselling services available.
• Excellent Project Management skills with an ability to plan, prioritise, delegate, measure and oversee activities.
• Strong leadership skills and vision combined with energy and motivation and the ability to instill belief and desire for success of SouthWest Counselling Centre.
• Demonstrate management skills including managing staff, managing budgets, team working, leadership, management of change, negotiation, conflict resolution, innovation, creativity and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage relationships and work in partnership with relevant stakeholders and funding bodies to implement the key elements of SouthWest Counselling Centre.
Planning and Organising:
• Demonstrate an ability to develop, implement, review and evaluate a project plan in close co-operation with staff and relevant stakeholders.
• Demonstrate relevant experience/understanding of administering and managing resources within a budget.
• An ability to develop a clear view and vision of what is required in order to achieve medium term and long term objectives for SouthWest Coun-selling Centre.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• Demonstrate effective communication skills including the ability to pre-sent information in a clear and concise manner.
• Capable of developing relationships and communicating with relevant stakeholders in order to optimise the potential for effective and efficient service delivery.
• Ability to communicate, advocate and negotiate on behalf of SouthWest Counselling Centre.
• Ability to motivate staff and key stakeholders to deliver on the vision, strategy and operational plan for SouthWest Counselling Centre.
• Ability to provide leadership and sensitively and effectively manage and negotiate difficult situations that may arise over the course of the process.
• Demonstrate the ability to facilitate and manage groups.
• Report writing and strong IT skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Full, clean driving licence.
• This role also requires access to a car as the post requires travel for work and the willingness to work occasional evening and weekends as required.
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Factors taken into account in determining an appropriate salary including the candi-date’s knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications relevant to the job.
• All SouthWest Counselling Centre staff are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
Application is by way of cover letter and CV by email or post. The specific email for applications is email@example.com
The closing date for application is Friday 8th December @ 12:00pm.
First round interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 8th January, 2018.
If second round interviews are deemed necessary for this post, they will be held at a date to be decided.
SouthWest Counselling Centre will acknowledge receipt of your application by email. SWCC is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
SouthWest Counselling Centre, Lewis Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry
V93 HN56 www.southwestcounselling.ie Tel:064 6636416 / 6636100