6 CPD hours for each workshop.
SPECIAL OFFER – 3 for 2, FREE course when you pay for two.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Saturday 10th June: ACT is a mindfulness based therapy approach, which can help clients to live more in the present moment. Presenter: Aisling Curtin, M.Sc., Reg. Psychol. .
- Dealing with Clients in the Wake of Suicide. Saturday 1st July: This workshop will help you understand and explore this complicated grief process. Presenters: Dr. Linda Finnegan is a Principal Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist with many years of experience working in adult mental health and specifically working with individuals and groups bereaved by suicide. Christy Kenneally is an award-winning writer, poet broadcaster and communications consultant. He is well known internationally for his training work in the area of bereavement and loss and for his bestselling publication on grief ‘Life After Loss’
- Dealing with Harmful Sexual Behaviours in a Family Context. Saturday 8th July: Gain an understanding of the complexities for a family where there has been a disclosure of sexually harmful behaviour. Eileen Finnegan is the Clinical Director of One in Four an organisation that offers support to all individuals who have been impacted by sexual violence.
- Caring for the Carer. Saturday 15th July, 10am – 4.30pm: Explore the risks in helping others, and learn how helpers can move from personal risk to resilience by using core dimensions of self care. Presenter: Gayle Kearney, MIBECPT, MIAPTP, holds a Master’s Degree in Practice Based Play therapy, a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Care and Education, and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Play Therapy.
- Mindfulness in Supervision. Saturday 22nd July: This workshop will explore the use of mindfulness in supervision. Attendees will learn mindfulness practices to bring to their own work and lives. Presenter: Padraig O’ Morain, M.A. (Creative Writing), B.Sc. (Hon. Psychology), MIACP and Supervisor, MWGII, Diploma in Counselling, Graduate Member of British Psychological Society. Padraig O’Morain is a counsellor, supervisor, trainer, writer, poet and journalist who writes and speaks on psychology and on how people can apply its lessons at work and in their personal lives.
- Revisiting Counselling Skills. Saturday 29th July: This workshop will provide an opportunity to revisit and further develop the core counselling skills. Presenter: Eamonn McElwee, BA, MA, MPS, H. Dip.Ed, MIACP, MIITD Eamon McElwee is an accredited counsellor and accredited counselling supervisor.
- Social Media Impact on Minors. Saturday 12th August: This workshop will outline a five step approach to keeping young people safe on social media. Presenter: Anne McCormack is a Systemic Psychotherapist registered with FTAI and ICP. She has been working in the field of mental health for over 15 years and is a keen advocate for the need for mental fitness to become part of the school curriculum.
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy – Introduction day. Saturday 19th August: This workshop will provide an introduction to Solution Focused Brief Therapy. Presenter: Eamonn McElwee, BA, MA, MPS, H.Dip.Ed, MIACP, MIITD Eamon and is an accredited counsellor and accredited counselling supervisor.
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy – Advanced day. Sunday 20th August: This workshop will look to deepen your understanding of and to practice the skills and methods of the SFBT approach. Eamonn McElwee, BA, MA, MPS, H. Dip.Ed, MIACP, MIITD and is an accredited counsellor and accredited counselling supervisor.
- Psychoanalysis in Practice. Saturday 26th August: This workshop aims to offer participants ways of incorporating psychoanalytic thinking into clinical practice. Presenter: Dr. Eve Watson, Ph.D. is a psychoanalytic practitioner, clinical supervisor and academic. She is involved in teaching and training in psychoanalysis, psychotherapy and teacher education and specialises in teaching sexuality studies at postgraduate and undergraduate levels.
Cost: €90 per one day course.
For further information Contact the IICP office on 01 4664205 or visit https://www.iicp.ie/cpdcourses/2017summerseries/
Each one day course runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm unless otherwise indicated.
Venue: IICP, Killinarden Enterprise Park, Killinarden, Dublin 24.