Job Description for Counsellor Role with One Family | October 2016
One Family is Ireland’s leading organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting and separating families.
The One Family Counselling Service provides the following:
- General Counselling
- Solution Focused Counselling
- Unplanned Pregnancy Counselling(3 options)
- Post Termination Counselling
- Young People in CareSupports
- Play Therapy
- Supervision for Counsellors
- Professional Development for those working with Crisis or Unplanned Pregnancy.
Person Specification – you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 years proven counselling experience post accreditation
- Have a relevant counselling/ psychotherapy qualification
- Be an accredited member of IAHIP or another professional body
- Have experience working in an interdisciplinary team
- Have a client-focussed perspective
- Be enthusiastic and motivated
- Be well organised with good attention to detail
- Have knowledge of the issues facing one parent families.
Counselling Position Responsibilities
- To contribute to the provision of a professional and comprehensive counselling service for One Family clients
- To deliver General Counselling and Solution-Focused Counselling, within the agreed ethos of the One Family Counselling Service
- To deliver Unplanned/Crisis Pregnancy counselling and Post-abortion Counselling in due course following specialist training
- Maintain all quality/professional standards and codes of practice
- Attend relevant internal and external supervisions and trainings
- Maintain all relevant admin
- Follow all One Family’s policies and procedures
- To contribute to evaluations, policy, reports, funding applications etc as requested.
- To be line managed by the Senior Counsellor and take direction where appropriate on issues relating to clients
- To maintain the high professional and ethical standard in provision of care to clients established by the One Family Counselling Service.
This is a part-time, three day (21 hours) per week role with the potential for additional hours in the future. The days available are Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in Cherish House, 2 Lower Pembroke Street, Dublin 2. The full time salary scale is approx €36K – €43K for a 35 hour week but the salary offered will be pro rata for 21 hours, based on skills and experience. Annual leave and other benefits will be provided.
A cover letter and CV addressing the required competencies should be sent to: Senior Counsellor, One Family, Cherish House, 2 Lower Pembroke Street, Dublin 2 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First round interviews will be held on Friday 11 November and second round interviews for candidates will be on Wednesday 16 November 2016.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Friday 28 October 2016.
One Family is an equal opportunities employer