In this workshop you will learn all about Narcissistic Mothers:-
- Understanding the “self-absorbed narcissistic mother”.
- Unmasking the different faces of maternal narcissism.
- Learn the characteristics for identifying the narcissistic mother.
- How she emotionally & psychologically manipulates her children (Gaslighting Behaviour).
- How she creates a web of unhealthy reciprocal family inter-actions (Triangulation).
- How she gets others to do her abusive bidding (Flying Monkeys)
- How she arrests her children’s development & independence (Infantilising)
- How she uses her own defense mechanisms against the child (Projections)
- How she uses tactics to create a sense of unreality & confusion (Cognitive Dissonance)
- How she tragically uses her children for her own needs (Parentified).
- And much more
The 21st Century has brought with it a narcissistic epidemic, and Christine has recognized a gap in the training of many psychotherapists. She is running a series of training workshops for educating therapists in the whole spectrum of narcissistic abuse, so that they become better equipped to work with victims. In this workshop she will be focusing on the Narcissistic Mother. Much of her knowledge has come from her post-grad studies in Criminology and Forensic Psychology, and it is through these disciplines that she has gained her understanding of The Dark Triad, (Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy) better understood by Psychotherapists as the narcissist, malignant narcissist and psychopath.
Workshop Date: 26th February, 2016
Venue: Avila Carmelite Centre, Bloomfield Avenue, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4.
Time: 9.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
Workshop Fee: Early Bird Price: €110.00 (when booked before 19th Feb. 2016). Later bookings €130.
CPD Points: 7
Handouts: Comprehensive Manual included with each workshop
Light lunch and free parking provided on the day.
For all enquiries Email: Christine@narcissisticbehavior.net
Telephone: 01 282 3685
For more information and booking, please hit on the Link below:
Christine Louis de Canonville ( B.A. Hons; MIACP; MTCI; MPNLP, CMH; CHyp.) is a Psychotherapist, Supervisor, External examiner, Lecturer, and specialist in Narcissistic Victim Syndrome (NVS). She is the Author of the book, The Three Faces of Evil:Unmasking the Full Spectrum of Narcissistic Abuse. She worked in the Trauma Unit of St. Brendan’s psychiatric hospital, and has worked specifically with victims of narcissistic abuse both in her private practice and internationally for many years.