Mindfulness in Psychotherapy – Certificate in Mindfulness and Third Wave Interventions
3, 4 and 5 October, 2014 3-day workshop €150.00 (normal cost €295).
- Mindfulness and Cognitive Therapy
Essential Skills for Mental Health Professionals
Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) offers a unique blend of two solid therapeutic approaches. These two therapies are on the cutting-edge of evidence-based psychotherapy today.
During the workshop participants will have the opportunity to learn about common problems that often complicate interventions for depression and anxiety such as: avoidance, rumination, self-criticism and intrusive emotional memories. Participants will be encouraged to reflect on how best to integrate a range of interventions and techniques to support clients presenting anxiety and depression.
- Therapeutic Presence and the Present Moment
Integrating mindfulness in clinical practice
The most powerful quality we can bring to any relationship, including the therapeutic relationship, is our capacity to be fully present. This workshop is designed to support psychotherapists and mental health professionals in developing and deepening mindfulness in clinical practice and for cultivating compassionate, wise and embodied presence.
In this workshop, we will:
- creatively reflect and integrate theories of presence and relationship from Humanistic, Existential, Cognitive and Eastern approaches and the neurobiology of therapeutic presence
- explore how mindfulness may facilitate and nurture therapeutic qualities such as empathy, presence, relational depth, acceptance, compassion and therapist self-care
- learn to connect deeply with clients on their moment-to-moment experience and to understand interactions, transferences and obstacles that may prevent therapists from being fully engaged and embodied
- engage in the art of mindful listening and cultivate wisdom and compassion for self, clients and relationships
The workshop will consist of a balance of seminars, experiential and creative exercises, discussion, reflective supervision and reflective scales for measuring therapeutic presence.
- Mindfulness in Psychotherapy – Tailoring the Practice to the Person
Skills from Third-Wave Interventions and CBT
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Compassion Focused Approaches
Venue: Finnstown Castle Hotel, Lucan, Co. Dublin
Dates: 3, 4, 5 October, 2014 from 10am to 4pm (15 contact hours).
Facilitator: Gerry Cunningham, MIAHIP
Post Graduate Certificate in Mindfulness-Based Approaches and Third Wave Interventions (one year advanced training, 60 hours) €350 euro.
This one-year programme is open to qualified and accredited therapists and mental health professionals who have completed the eight-week mindfulness training or three-day certificate with the Mindfulness Clinic.
Further information: Tel: 087-7989 301 or E: email@example.com
The Mindfulness Clinic, 19 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2