Psychosexual & Relationship Psychotherapist at Strive Clinic
This day is designed for individual psychotherapists who have an interest in understanding more about couple relationships from a psychoanalytical perspective.
- Introducing the ideas of Klein, Bion, Winnicott and Fairbairn in relation to couple psychotherapy
- Understanding why two people are drawn to form a relationship and the interlocking projective system that unfolds between them
- Thinking about the relevance of the oedipal situation in couple relationships.
- Introducing classic couple psychotherapy terms such as ‘couple fit’ and ‘couple state of mind’
- Understanding the aim of couple psychotherapy and the differences between couple and individual therapy.
- Case discussions
Linsey Blair is a couple psychotherapist and psychosexual therapist at Strive Clinic in Galway. She has over 10 years’ experience of working with couples and a background of lecturing and training within the renowned Tavistock Relationships, London, where couple psychotherapy was originally conceptualised. She is UKCP (ICP linked member) & CORST accredited.
Cost: Regular rate €150
Early bird reduced rate €125 (available until February 28th
To register to attend this workshop please click here or contact Strive Clinic on 091 393180 for more information. Please book early as places are limited.