This position offers an opportunity to join a growing strategic team, striving to improve outcomes for current and potential clients with visual impairments. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this unique role offers counselling opportunities with the additional benefit of managing a Centre with a proven track record in providing excellence through counselling.
Management and development of Insight Counselling Centre, driving and maintaining the highest standards of clinical practice and ensuring promotion of the support services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a counselling and psychotherapy service to clients of Insight Counselling Centre, to include individual, group and family therapy
- Ensure excellence in clinical delivery, using best practice and latest research
- In liaison with Fighting Blindness management, provide an outreach programme countrywide, ie. support groups, information meetings, as appropriate
- Work with the CEO and Fighting Blindness management team to further develop the strategy for expansion and future direction of the Centre, within the overall Strategic Plan for Fighting Blindness
- Promote services to potential clients, stakeholders and professionals countrywide
- Liaise with the Health Service Executive to maximise and maintain funding to the Centre
- Represent the Centre at national and international fora, and attend relevant conferences and committees
- Liaise with external agencies, develop, maintain and nurture synergies with other organisations, and develop strategic partnerships as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
- Clinical qualifications (PSI, IAHIP, IACP or comparable qualifications)
- Proven skills managing a clinical operation with direct employees and/or counsellors
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with people with visual impairment would be a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to act as a senior manager in a progressive environment
Salary commensurate with experience.
Applications by post or email to:
P.A. to the C.E.O.
1 Christchurch Hall
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 14th March 2014