One in Four Training
Date: 21st and 22nd April 2017
A Systemic Approach to Child Sexual Abuse
‘As a Pathway to Prevention’
This two day training course will focus on the therapeutic approaches to working with the dynamics of childhood sexual abuse.
The course will explore the perspectives of:-
- Individuals who have experienced sexual violence
- Families of individuals who have experienced sexual violence
- Perpetrators of sexual violence
- Families of individuals who have perpetrated sexual violence
- The psychotherapist
The training will pay specific attention to the parallel process that occurs within families, societies, organisations and especially within the therapeutic process.
The training will outline how One in Four delivers this specific Systemic Approach from ‘theory to reality’:-
- The use of self by the therapist
- The ability to self-reflect as a way of understanding the dynamics of sexual abuse (parallel process)
- How sexual abuse plays out within the ‘system’, mirroring how sexual abuse can be played out in families
- How the ethical, cultural, race, class, and religious beliefs are managed as possible triggers which may arise for those engaged with the individuals using the service
- How such issues are managed by supporting clinicians with the possible biases that may emerge as a way to manage the many projections that emerge in the delivery of such complex dynamics
Cost €350 – payable in advance
Early Bird before the 7th April: €300 – Course is limited to 16 people so early booking is advisable.
Venue: One in Four, 2 Holles Street, Dublin 2 – time: 9:30 to 4:30 each day.
This course is suitable for psychotherapists working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Payment: cheques/money orders made payable to One in Four or on line by hitting “Donate” button on our website (www.oneinfour.ie) mark donation – training 21st and 22nd April, 2017
All queries to Margaret at Margaret@oneinfour.ie or Tel: 016624070